The Jeep Gladiator Truck is FINALLY Here - 2018 LA Auto Show PICS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. I've been waiting to see that color. Not sure I like it as much as I thought I would, but still unique.

Bikini looks great [emoji1303]

Bikini would look great on the west coast glass beaches.

Wow, I like that! I could see driving that on the beach somewhere warm!

In case you missed it, that was NOT Bikini. I had confirmed Bikini will be more like the color I posted a while back of the CJ5 with a metallic teal like color.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any word on a 2 door?

There will NOT be a 2-door version of the Gladiator.

I can only imagine the base price!

I bet it's $45-50k based on how much is different between the two

Nobody is talking but that typically means it'll be up there for sure.

Man you guys burn the candle awful bright these days. Grateful for all the great content but damn, do you guys ever sleep!

LOL! There will be plenty of time to sleep when we're dead :crazyeyes:

Oh that Jeep truck is looking cool, would be awesome with a diesel option.

Yes it would be but you're gonna have to wait for it.

There's a line in there regarding Mopar offering half doors. Are half doors available on the JL's? I have not seen that in the option list and it's one of the great regrets I have in not ordering them
for my Jeep. :grayno:

No half doors as of yet and it sucks. I so would love to have a set.

Link is working again. The bird's eye pic is very interesting because it shows just how square the bed is (almost looks wider than the rest of the Jeep but it must be an optical illusion.)

I can't believe the tow rating...this Gladiator could easily turn the midsize truck market on its head.

The tow rating is impressive but the highest rating is only available on the Sport S. Rubicon is a bit lower.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder what they mean by bigger axles?

I guess, they must be talking about the wider JL axles vs JK

I confirmed that the front is exactly the same as what you find on a JL. The rear is for the most part the same - just modified to make it capable for towing.

I like Gator and Sting gray. :rock:

I was told that Gator is the same color that you would find on a hipwader or slilcker boot. A nice dark green. Sting looked really nice on the Gladiator. :yup:

Looks like Sport and Overland have lower front fenders.

Sport:

Yes, this is correct. Just like the JL.

V8 option?

Negative

Nope. Not mentioned anyways. 3.6L gas for now. 3.0L Diesel next year.

Correct. 3.6L and a future 3.0L diesel are the only motors that will be made available or at least, for now anyway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting piece of tech i saw mentioned was a forward looking trail cam that seems to analyze obstacles and draw the best line to take. Although pretty rad, kinda takes the fun out of finding the line for yourself imo.

It's a forward camera that shows you the path you will take based on the position of your steering wheel. It does NOT analyze anything. It does however have a cool washer to clean the lens when dirty though :yup:

Looks like 44s front and rear for all trims as well.... unless I’m reading their website wrong.

I believe you are reading this correctly.

Just watched the premier video.. I like it... but that rear door should have been full size... It’s going to look bitchin on 40’s... so then comes the need for axles... and one expensive truck. I give it a [emoji1417]

It is my understanding that the rear doors were not made full to give the body more structure and to resist twisting.

I'm thinking it'll look great towing my JK when I end up on 40's and don't want to put the street miles on my JK

Good luck doing that. A good trailer will weigh about 3500 lbs or more. Moby weighs close to 7000 lbs. You do the math.

Really impressed with what I'm seeing, looks like jeep built a really legitimate truck!!👍

It really is a legit mid-size truck.

So awesome! Can’t wait to put my order in.

IF we're lucky, we'll be able to place orders by late March... IF

I love the concept. Not a huge fan of the look with 4 doors. Really hoping a 2 door cab is in the works.

Sorry, not gonna happen.

That’s amazing!!! I can’t wait to see how they perform offroad

I'm gonna bet that the lack of break over angles and shallow departure angle will make it tough to wheel on the rocks or at least, with stock to 35" tires. Where it'll shine is out bombing across the desert. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I gotta say I really really like this! Anyone know what we are looking at price wise?

Nobody is talking about price. Before Sergio died, he assured us that it was going to be expensive. I think it would be safe to assume MORE than a JL.

Big fan, would go for the diesel down the road but these do look pretty bad ass as a Rubicon with lift and tires. Scared of the price though Haha

You should be. :eek: :crazyeyes:

So, who’s gonna be the first here to purchase and mod it out so we can all see the potential? Won’t be me, Mr Hyde is breaking the bank.

We'll be getting one and building it up as parts become available. :yup:

Any info on when it will be available?

More than likely, some time late next year.

Looks awesome and has some interesting features. The tailgate halfway down option is nice for longer items. The under seat storage looks great and would be even cooler if it actually works as a cooler (see what I did there?). The article mentions the grill being different, but it looks the same as the JL to me. Anyone know what they changed?

The honeycomb insert has bigger voids to allow for a greater amount of air to enter the engine.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for all of the coverage. I definitely want one of these. Can you confirm if it's true that all platforms will have Dana 44s front and rear (Sport, S, Overland, and Rubicon) ? No more dirty 30?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
It really does looks nice, Will be hard to choose between the JT and the JL. Guess it depends what you going to be doing off-road. I’m still waiting to see how the diesel pans out for the JL, I feel that will be the direction I go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

pop2tu

Thank you Eddie and Cindy for all your hard work and giving us a chance to see this amazing truck. Love that it’ll have a 7000 pound towing, but little concerned with the 3.6 pulling that much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Finally, after all these years, a Jeep truck. They did a very nice job with it. The Granite Crystal looks more like Billet Silver to me...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie you think the price could be it’s down fall. Hope not can’t wait for the diesel. Both of you thank you for the great coverage.

I don't know about "downfall". I personally think that it'll sell but if you mean in terms of competing with other trucks, it'd be hard for me to think that it could be a number one seller and specifically because of price. While this will be the most capable 4WD truck made, not everyone needs the most capable truck made. Also, for the cost, it'd be hard not to consider a full size truck.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I'm not in love with the design but the capability is unmatched. I'll be waiting on a diesel and ordering as soon as they'll take my money most likely..so maybe july 2019?

TGPJKUR

I'm not in love with the design but the capability is unmatched. I'll be waiting on a diesel and ordering as soon as they'll take my money most likely..so maybe july 2019?

I love the look of it and I'm with you, as soon as the ED shows availability I will be placing an order. That being said I'm thinking its probably close to a year out and it will likely be 2020 model year. I will get a years use out of the 37s I just ordered for the JK!!

Top Bottom