The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys wanting the paracord grab handles can search youtube and find it. It's super easy to make and looks good too.

Ordering a new CB. Don't know what to get...... Small and compact.... or BAD A$$ MO FO!!!? :thinking:

I'll be going with the one Eddie recommends in his cb install write up. I know nothing about CBs, but if it good enough for Moby, it's good enough for Slimer. It's like $140 on amazon. I priced out the cb, coax, firestik, antenna mount bracket, and antenna quick release for about $200.

Ordering a new CB. Don't know what to get...... Small and compact.... or BAD A$$ MO FO!!!? :thinking:

Been in this boat too...small or bad ass...? I went with the fancy Cobra 29LX and mounted it to the footman loop. Nice unit but...BIG! After installing a switch panel in that location for compressor/lockers/lights...etc, I changed over to a compact Cobra 75 and mounted it under the seat. Much better and easier. Very happy with it. :yup:

I have the cobra 75. Nice thing about it is you can unplug the handset and throw it in the glovebox if your worried about theft or the elements with the top down. I got mine for $100 on ebay. I saw one today on jkf never used in original box for $80.00 shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I bought the Cobra 29 LX and it seems to be pretty good so far. I also put it in the TUFFY overhead console that is lockable. I don't have any real complaints about the setup. It would be a PITA for someone trying to steal it. The TUFFY locks it in very good. :thumb:

The 29 was about 100 bucks on amazon!

I have the cobra 75. Nice thing about it is you can unplug the handset and throw it in the glovebox if your worried about theft or the elements with the top down. I got mine for $100 on ebay. I saw one today on jkf never used in original box for $80.00 shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey. I just hit up the guy for the 75. thanks for the heads up. :beer:

Thank you for all your input. I really appreciated it. :beer::standing wave:

I had one for a while, didn't like the bulk of it as a handset but other than that they a great. I got a little uniden 520 for like $40. Works great and easily mounted to the cage.

If you want antennas or parts local hit up the trucks stops north on I-15. They carry the Firestick II which is tunable and I have two SWR tuners if you want to borrow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom