The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
In our nook of the woods its a wave, a hello, a headlight flash...whatever. More often than never its a look of total ignorance or disdain:eek:.

WTF?

Gbint

The people that find it hard work to simply lift a few fingers are the same ones that find it hard to move a finger off the steering wheel to use the signal lever.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DaJudge

The people that find it hard work to simply lift a few fingers are the same ones that find it hard to move a finger off the steering wheel to use the signal lever.

Most people only leave one hand for driving, the other one is grasping their phone! If they missed a text/tweet/etc. they might die!

Do people not wave back anymore?

I drive a lot on my off days because I miss my jeep, do my errands and enjoy the weather. I see plenty of jeeps, modified, stock, heavy built, etc. I always wave, but majority of the Jeeps do NOT wave back.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Do people not wave back anymore?

I try to wave/wave back anytime I see a Jeep.

But you also must understand, that us “enthusiasts” if that’s what you want to call us, are only part of the population of the Jeep world! There are a lot of soccer moms and people that really don’t even care about the Jeep community. Don’t give up hope though, we are out there. [emoji1303]

Depends where you are. I don’t actively wave at anything stock or mall crawler looking. If someone waves and I notice and am not texting and driving I’ll wave back regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I try to wave/wave back anytime I see a Jeep.

But you also must understand, that us “enthusiasts” if that’s what you want to call us, are only part of the population of the Jeep world! There are a lot of soccer moms and people that really don’t even care about the Jeep community. Don’t give up hope though, we are out there. [emoji1303]

I seen some great response from people, and some I see like females totally ignore your ass completely when you sit next to them in the red light and don't bother saying hi. Like damn.. [emoji2369]
Depends where you are. I don’t actively wave at anything stock or mall crawler looking. If someone waves and I notice and am not texting and driving I’ll wave back regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I agree on the stock and mall crawlers. Even though I still wave, try to get a response back. Usually it's a random stare like I'm hitting on them as I drive by. Haha.. [emoji19]

dillard09

I think it has alot to do with where you live. I know when I lived in SoCal that I got alot more waves than I do here in Texas. Prob about the same for you in Oklahoma. I still wave and I get excited when I finally get a wave back. Most dont even see me.

I think it has alot to do with where you live. I know when I lived in SoCal that I got alot more waves than I do here in Texas. Prob about the same for you in Oklahoma. I still wave and I get excited when I finally get a wave back. Most dont even see me.
Sometimes I get a lot in a day (kinda makes your day when you got a connection). Some think they got better than your jeep and no need to wave up. Like "mine got more stuff and it's expensive looking, no need to wave" situation. I'd stop by get gas and there's another Jeep I'd come over and talk about jeep stuff and give them compliments on their rig. Some are so awkward and stay away from you. Well then [emoji58]

Kuboske

Everybody waves at me. Sometimes they give me the I'm number one, sign. I always wave back at the soccer moms and mall crawlers, esp. if they are female, appear to be under 30, and hot...

WJCO

Meme King
I drive a lot on my off days because I miss my jeep, do my errands and enjoy the weather. I see plenty of jeeps, modified, stock, heavy built, etc. I always wave, but majority of the Jeeps do NOT wave back.

Am I missing something?

Try the middle finger. Guaranteed you'll get more reactions.

sm31

Here in AK, wranglers are about 1 in every 15 vehicles... and I'd say about 1/3 of them wave. Sometimes my arm gets tired but I enjoy it. :beer:

Spaztik

So, I'm new to driving a wrangler and often wave. But I also get tired of doing it and a little confused. I never waved at other other Chevy trucks or Geos. So why this wrangler wave?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom