The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

LGPow2006

The Never-Ending 'Wave' Discussion Thread

Since I learned of the tradition of waving at other jeeps (November 12) I had received a grand total of 0 (zip, nada, none) in return. Truth be told I was starting to not wave at all jeeps....today all that changed...maybe it's the great weather I do not know...started with a crossing Jeep while I waited at stop sign...then another and another....4 for 4 today...

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Congrats! I had the same feeling for a while. Just keep waving and you will keep getting waves. You never know who will wave back. :beer:

I still probably wave more than what I receive back. Modified Jeeps are usually a sure thing but the local mall crawlers and soccer moms don't all know about the wave.

Edit: I never want to be that dude that didn't wave!

Dave_g

Yeah I have given up on Mall crawlers and soccer moms, Unless I can see something other then stock tires I just wait for a wave. :twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
All but giving up on Jeep wave...till today

Congrats! I had the same feeling for a while. Just keep waving and you will keep getting waves. You never know who will wave back. :beer:

I still probably wave more than what I receive back. Modified Jeeps are usually a sure thing but the local mall crawlers and soccer moms don't all know about the wave.

Edit: I never want to be that dude that didn't wave!

Yea I always make sure I wave as well. One time last week I zoned out while at a traffic light and missed the guy turning. I felt like an ass

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

billybob990

i get waves from tj's and older but not many jk's wave actually there is only one jk that i can think of that waves and i pass him everyday but all the other ones are stock and i think about 50% of the jk owners dont really know about the jeep wave :bleh:

i get waves from tj's and older but not many jk's wave actually there is only one jk that i can think of that waves and i pass him everyday but all the other ones are stock and i think about 50% of the jk owners dont really know about the jeep wave :bleh:

well here is a wave from a JK that always waves and gets a wave back about 60% of the time:standing wave:
the other day i waved at a heavily modded LJ and just got a head shake and a dirty look back ???:thinking:
oh well here is a wave to everyone :standing wave:

MTG

Caught the Bug

Wave.

You don't want to be the guy that didn't wave. :grey no:

Wave at soccer moms if for no other reason than to make them nervous. :cheesy:

billybob990

well here is a wave from a JK that always waves and gets a wave back about 60% of the time:standing wave:
the other day i waved at a heavily modded LJ and just got a head shake and a dirty look back ???:thinking:
oh well here is a wave to everyone :standing wave:

Haha thanks, im not hating on jk drivers im just saying that alot of the new jeep owners are soccer moms like noted before lol :standing wave: and there is my wave back lol Also nice jeep man i like the black grill and hood with the green

That poor JK!! I also flagged,maybe if we all flag it you tube will remove it... Why would they use a JK? There are better vehicles for that garbage to go on.

Tackerdown

Banned
Re: All but giving up on Jeep wave...till today

If we keep waving at them maybe they will catch on . Or ask someone hay why the hell do these people keep waving at me in other jeeps.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I always laugh when I get the confused look back after waving. I do miss some jeeps at times if I am not really paying as much attention, but generally I do wave almost everytime. I still get surprised at the people who wave and I didnt think they would have.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I always laugh when I get the confused look back after waving. I do miss some jeeps at times if I am not really paying as much attention, but generally I do wave almost everytime. I still get surprised at the people who wave and I didnt think they would have.

totally have to agree. i wave 95% of the time (the other 5 im distracted) and the ones i think will wave dont and the ones i dont think will. :thinking: WAVE BACK DAMN IT!! :standing wave:

jesse3638

Hooked
Must be a desert thing because here in the high desert (Victor Valley) I get waves from all makes and drivers. Usually the only time I don't is when the other driver isn't paying attention or I wave from my Nissan Titan...:crazyeyes:. That just returns a confused look most of the time...haha. There even several JK's in my neighborhood so I'll give them a driveway wave if I'm outside. The wave lives strong here!

TRAMjam

I was 0 for 5 today on the wave. I haven't given hope up quite yet. It's probably because most people are agitated on my drive due to construction and dreaded traffic. Downfall of traffic and working in the city.:icon_crazy:

Philip *AZ*

Banned

Im with Hinrichs, nobody around here frikin waves so Im going to just started counting stupid looks. I should be able to keep a 100% stat on that..lol

Paratroopers stay up longer!

MobyJR

Lol my CO bought a brand new rubicon that will never see dirt. I'm pretty sure he thinks people are waving at him cause he's a captain or something lol

Top Bottom