The new JL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying these axles can't handle the weight of 37's from the factory? I was under the impression that the JL is with these improvements.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

No Jeep has ever been made to run anything more than what they come with from the factory. The JL can now be had with 33" tires - this is unheard of! While "we" push the limits of what they were designed for all the time, that doesn't mean that's what they were designed for. That being said, I'd bet that the axles could "handle the weight" of 37's but I am somewhat skeptical about how well the internal components will hold up to the larger size.

jeepjackal

No Jeep has ever been made to run anything more than what they come with from the factory. The JL can now be had with 33" tires - this is unheard of! While "we" push the limits of what they were designed for all the time, that doesn't mean that's what they were designed for. That being said, I'd bet that the axles could "handle the weight" of 37's but I am somewhat skeptical about how well the internal components will hold up to the larger size.
Ok, thanks for your input. I've been thinking about ordering a 2 door JL, having the factory put on a 2 or 3 " lift. And I would put the 37's on myself. That way the lift is under warranty. I know the popular thing to do is 35's, but I want 37's or bigger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, thanks for your input. I've been thinking about ordering a 2 door JL, having the factory put on a 2 or 3 " lift. And I would put the 37's on myself. That way the lift is under warranty. I know the popular thing to do is 35's, but I want 37's or bigger.

Everyone I know at Jeep has been telling me that the JL Wrangler is made to run 35" tires and they encourage it. In fact, 2 of the JL Wranglers on display at the LA auto show are running Mopar 2" lifts and running 35" tires. NOBODY I know has made any mention of 37's. If you put on 37's yourself, I wouldn't count on your Jeep being covered under warranty.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Everyone I know at Jeep has been telling me that the JL Wrangler is made to run 35" tires and they encourage it. In fact, 2 of the JL Wranglers on display at the LA auto show are running Mopar 2" lifts and running 35" tires. NOBODY I know has made any mention of 37's. If you put on 37's yourself, I wouldn't count on your Jeep being covered under warranty.

I’m willing to bet... (but could be totally wrong here)... that a PR44 or more will still be needed to wheel 37’s reliably.

I’ve watched the unveiling videos and photos being released and I really like the JL. I am almost certain that I want to get one for my next daily driver. I don’t know why, but i think the rubicon 4 doors on 33s look awesome and I’m not sure I’ll make any mods to it other than adding a radio and some other minor stuff. I’m psyched!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepjackal

I’ve watched the unveiling videos and photos being released and I really like the JL. I am almost certain that I want to get one for my next daily driver. I don’t know why, but i think the rubicon 4 doors on 33s look awesome and I’m not sure I’ll make any mods to it other than adding a radio and some other minor stuff. I’m psyched!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I feel the same way,. I think they have made a ton of improvements , which will in fact save me some money on. I can't wait till March when production starts for the 2 door.

Top Bottom