The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

Munky

People likely won't get to Marble Falls until evening of Friday. If you want to hang out for the day on Saturday, that's when everyone will be wheeling. Not sure if that works with your plans or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thats what I figured, I have to be in MS on Sunday. And was going to spend Saturday at my parents in Central Louisiana.

Rb1boxer_3

Any chance I can talk someone into helping me replace my stock rear bumper, providing the sale goes through and I am able to pick it up on this run? And by "help" I mean: I will hand you the tools, hold the light, ask annoying questions, and serve beer :)

I actually like the look of my Jeep without it, and I have been following the Pros/Cons of No Rear Bumper thread, but damn the spare tire looks vulnerable without it. I realize that the stock bumper offers little in the way of protection, but the scraping and banging of it DOES serve as great feedback when I have misjudged my angle of departure, or when I have mistakenly thought I had cleared the big-ass rock :) View attachment 225753
Hey if you need a stock bumper I have one you can take. I was gonna throw it away.

Out in the Boonies

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Hey Jegar, ive been running without a bumper for about half a year or more. Honestly, i was worried about the same things you were. Is my tire going to hit coming off a ledge/ dumb drivers rear ending me. But everything has been fine so far with wheeling it bumper less. Tire comes close sometimes but always manages to evade the ledges. Also, for when youre just daily driving. I just put a hitch receiver in and that seems to keep people at bay cause they dont wan to that to end up in their radiator lol
Just something to think about. Seeing as how youve been wheeling a lot. That bumper will continue to get beat up/torn off.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Im sad to say that i will not be making this run. Still have to get my rear locker unlocked and a couple more odds and ends that i need to check out. Keep hearing a nasty squeal in the rear too so i need to figure what that is.

I won't be able to make this run either. I have to travel to San Francisco for work on Sunday night and this just won't leave me with enough time to get my shit together. Happy wheeling and be safe out there!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Im sad to say that i will not be making this run. Still have to get my rear locker unlocked and a couple more odds and ends that i need to check out. Keep hearing a nasty squeal in the rear too so i need to figure what that is.

Rotational squeak? I ask because I bent a rear flange (on the waterfall i'm pretty sure) and its annoying as hell... My new Revolution 4340 Chrome-Moly shafts Should be here today (Thanks Trail Jeeps), and I gotta swap them in before making the trek to Dallas for my buddies wedding this weekend. can you see either of your rear tires "wobble" at speed?

Willys_ATX

I'm a newbie to WAL, but I live in Austin and would love to join if there is room on the roster. I've been out at HF a handful of times.

I'll be getting in from a work conference around 8:30pm Friday and may be able to make it our very late that evening or early Saturday.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Rotational squeak? I ask because I bent a rear flange (on the waterfall i'm pretty sure) and its annoying as hell... My new Revolution 4340 Chrome-Moly shafts Should be here today (Thanks Trail Jeeps), and I gotta swap them in before making the trek to Dallas for my buddies wedding this weekend. can you see either of your rear tires "wobble" at speed?

Yes! Exactly that! And when i brake a little more than soft it sounds louder and kinda feel a slight vibrate. I was hoping i didnt bend a flange, but thats the first thing i thought. And yeah, im pretty damn positive mine was on the waterfall as well. It started RIGHT after i was recovered from there.

Jegar

Hey Jegar, ive been running without a bumper for about half a year or more. Honestly, i was worried about the same things you were. Is my tire going to hit coming off a ledge/ dumb drivers rear ending me. But everything has been fine so far with wheeling it bumper less. Tire comes close sometimes but always manages to evade the ledges. Also, for when youre just daily driving. I just put a hitch receiver in and that seems to keep people at bay cause they dont wan to that to end up in their radiator lol
Just something to think about. Seeing as how youve been wheeling a lot. That bumper will continue to get beat up/torn off.

That's great to hear. And I do have a trailer hitch (with a D-ring attachment). My only other dilemma is "Where will I put my sticker? [emoji13] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475796926.930950.jpg

I won't be able to make this run either. I have to travel to San Francisco for work on Sunday night and this just won't leave me with enough time to get my shit together. Happy wheeling and be safe out there!

Really sorry to hear that you guys can't make it. It looks like maybe this run isn't going to pan out? [emoji25]I know there are a couple of people still showing on the list that had said they couldn't make it, and there are several on the list that haven't been heard from for awhile.

Really sorry to hear that you guys can't make it. It looks like maybe this run isn't going to pan out? [emoji25]I know there are a couple of people still showing on the list that had said they couldn't make it, and there are several on the list that haven't been heard from for awhile.

Im pretty sure at least PROJKUR and TDough are going to still make it. Heading up Saturday butt crack of dawn. I'm sure there will be a roll call next week leading up.

Exodus 4x4

That's great to hear. And I do have a trailer hitch (with a D-ring attachment). My only other dilemma is "Where will I put my sticker? [emoji13] View attachment 225833

Yeah this one may not happen for me. My jeep is still not operational and work is getting in the way of fixing that. It'll slow down eventually and then I plan on making a couple runs out to Ozona before the end of the year.

PROJKUR

Need to get an update list. I know Bobby is out, sold his jeep.

I feel pretty confident in leading now, if we need a trail lead.

Like wise. I might tackle some of the obstacles first since I have a way to pull myself up [emoji6]. Just saying don't want to get in a bind!!

Top Bottom