The official Wayalife Texas Hidden Falls run thread! October 14-16th!

For those that have been to Hidden Falls in the past and have to show up late Friday evening, where do you usually stay? In the unofficial thread I saw a few mention motel 6. Is that where you guys usually stay when not getting there before the park gates close for the evening? I likely will not be able to make it out til Friday evening and will have to head back home Saturday evening.

Jackal01

For those that have been to Hidden Falls in the past and have to show up late Friday evening, where do you usually stay? In the unofficial thread I saw a few mention motel 6. Is that where you guys usually stay when not getting there before the park gates close for the evening? I likely will not be able to make it out til Friday evening and will have to head back home Saturday evening.
Do NOT stay at the Motel 6. It may be somewhat new but the rooms are small. Laminate wood flooring is strange. And they only had one bar of soap to use for the sink and shower both. We were told the Motel ran out of soaps and shampoos. WTF?! And the other tenants were rather unsavory...coming from a guy that doesn't get creeped out easily by strange people. Sleeping on a park bench would be a safer and nicer.

Edit: I can do crappy motels. We have stayed in plenty. But we also paid less and expected it due to various reasons. However being this one is only a couple years old and a chain we expected more.

Do NOT stay at the Motel 6. It may be somewhat new but the rooms are small. Laminate wood flooring is strange. And they only had one bar of soap to use for the sink and shower both. We were told the Motel ran out of soaps and shampoos. WTF?! And the other tenants were rather unsavory...coming from a guy that doesn't get creeped out easily by strange people. Sleeping on a park bench would be a safer and nicer.

Edit: I can do crappy motels. We have stayed in plenty. But we also paid less and expected it due to various reasons. However being this one is only a couple years old and a chain we expected more.

Thanks for the heads up Jackal.

I always use to stay at the holiday Inn coming into town. It's really nice but kinda pricey.

Out in the Boonies

I'll check prices and see what the Holiday Inn has available Rb1boxer, thanks for the info.

If anyone else has any recommendations, please let me know.

One other question to all you Hidden Falls veterans, how is the line in the AM to register and enter the park? Will showing up at the gate 45 mins before the gates open give me sufficient time to get registered and in the park in time to meet up with everyone for the drivers meeting, or would it be best to show up even earlier?

Rb1boxer_3

One other question to all you Hidden Falls veterans, how is the line in the AM to register and enter the park? Will showing up at the gate 45 mins before the gates open give me sufficient time to get registered and in the park in time to meet up with everyone for the drivers meeting, or would it be best to show up even earlier?
the last time I went there wasn't a long line it was pretty fast. But don't know about now everyone shows up at different times.

Out in the Boonies

Angry Aussie

That's plenty of time if not to much time. It doesn't take long to get signed in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We got there the other weekend well after opening and waltzed right in, no line other than ourselves.

Jegar

IMG_1476236332.987912.jpg IMG_1476236344.246547.jpg

I've often thought how sad for those poor pups who are dressed up in costumes for the amusement of their parents.....Now my poor Jeep knows how they feel[emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Willys_ATX

Checking in from the busiest work week of the year (for me)... Ready to wrap up this conference and get after it. Can't wait. See y'all soon.

Exodus 4x4

Checking in from the busiest work week of the year (for me)... Ready to wrap up this conference and get after it. Can't wait. See y'all soon.

Same here! Today is the turning point for me. If the stars actually align perfectly today, there's a very good chance I may be able to make this run after all. Even then I'll only be able to make it out Saturday morning and then leave Saturday evening. These last couple of months have brutal!

Top Bottom