The purchasing has begun

Ah2014jk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425133323.889088.jpg

Back from sand blasting after the coating didn't stick the first time. Time to try it again today
Also going up 1" and do some trimming on the body to clear the big meat

Ah2014jk

So with the new 40 it needed to be taller. Yanked it and added 1" spacers so we are at just a hair over 3.5". It's a tall sucker as she sits 78.5" to the roof. ( definitely no parking garage lol ) pics will follow once it comes out of the garage

Ah2014jk

So it was dark by the time it got done so here is a picture in a buddy of mines shop.

I will be notching a bit of the frame to get back the turning radius ( with help from the same friend who is a kick ass fabricator. )

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425172357.602574.jpg

Ah2014jk

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425261817.797978.jpg
Not a great picture but the test fit was a success. It will have to stay like this till probably next weekend. Then it's cut the crash bar, mount the lights and winch and move on to the rocker knockers .... Hope to be done all the armour and fender by end of March.

Ah2014jk

Well this weekend was crap in the build department. Managed to get the winch and front bumper done and some idiot rear ended me in a parking lot while I was parked! Totally crushed my OR fab tire carrier driving it into the body. Now I need a new tailgate and drivers rear corner.
But on the plus side, the front bumper IS done and looks great

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well this weekend was crap in the build department. Managed to get the winch and front bumper done and some idiot rear ended me in a parking lot while I was parked! Totally crushed my OR fab tire carrier driving it into the body. Now I need a new tailgate and drivers rear corner.
But on the plus side, the front bumper IS done and looks great

Damn that blows. People suck. At least insurance should cover it.

Ah2014jk

So I don't think I'll be doing insurance as so far it looks like I may just do an aftermarket set of corners and some work myself on the tailgate. Might just to PS crushers to match the rest of this years build. Got the winch and fogs installed now ( just need to wire the fogs up ) yes I know it's a shittybuilt but will have to do until I can afford a WARN
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425986202.929638.jpg

Ah2014jk

PROGRESS !!

So far this weekend got the poison spyder crusher flares on the front installed. Need to still put in the marker lights and inner fender liner ( maybe ) and try for the rears. I am gonna admit they are a pain in the arse to do but I love the outcome.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426422965.598558.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426422965.598558.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426423010.502480.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426423044.639456.jpg

Top Bottom