The rebuild of LULU the 2013 Jeep rubicon

Just got home from Jeep Speed Shop because I went down to pick up the motor, tranny, and transfer case because I already had them sold. Few small issues they found were 2 Evo Long arm brackets were broken and needed to be re welded, my cross member was so bent they have to replace it to bolt the 8 speed up. My rear drive shaft is very bent so I decided to just replace both as the front was almost too short anyways. It’s really close to the first fire up though!! It’s starting to look Really good!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4644.png
    IMG_4644.png
    750.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4642.png
    IMG_4642.png
    773 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4643.png
    IMG_4643.png
    725 KB · Views: 27
Ok so a little update. My jeep was completely done and they went out to take it for a test drive and anything over 3500 RPM’s it would have a horrible misfire in cylinder 5. Long store short it has a bad cam and lifter. I have paperwork saying the motor has under 5k miles. The guy I bought it from has fallen of the face of the earth. It really sucks. So the jeep is getting a new cam and lifters. Just waiting on parts. Should be done by next week. Really sucks but that’s what happens when you trust someone you don’t know!

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I bought this jeep brand new in 2013 did a full build on it within the first few years. Dynatracs, coilovers, 40’s and all the fixing. Went through a divorce and sold the jeep to a buddy with only 25k miles on it. Fast forward 4.5 years I bought it back. When I got it back my buddy had done 0 maintenance and had a lot of problems. After fixing those which included a full motor rebuild I went back to wheeling the heck out of it. This jeep has been all over the country and been wheeled hard and been put up wet if you know what I mean. I feel like it’s time for a makeover. It will be getting a 6.4 hemi and 8 speed tranny. I pick the swap kit up on Tuesday and will start tearing it apart shortly after. Also replacing all joints and it’s getting a brand new set of coilovers thanks to disciple off-road. It’s gonna be a few month process to get it all back together as it will be worked on on nights and weekends. I figured I would start a rebuild thread as I never started one when I first built it over 10 years ago. Here are a couple of the parts and pics of the jeep.
If I had a third of your talent, my Jeep would be unreal. I spend alot of time onyoutube and Jeep forums researching information and still struggle with upgrading my own Jeep. Nothing but admiration for you all that do your own work (with the exception of large jobs). I get so mad when I can't figure out installation instructions and end up bribing or paying someone.

Top Bottom