The slow building of NoRdNdd

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I just took my time. I had help in the beginning and marked the holes between the two doors, drilled the one on the upper right side and then put the skin back up there to check the alignment, drilled the one on the lower left corner between the doors, then put the skin back up there. Both looked good, not that they could be changed at this point. I installed the the nutserts on those two holes and then reinstalled the skin. Drilled the remaining holes between the doors, removed skins, installed nutserts, reinstalled skins. Drilled the upper two holes on the front and the farthest rear hole on the side, not the one under neath/on the slanted part. Removed skin, installed nutserts, reinstalled skin, drilled the remaining holes, removed skin, installed nutserts, installed skin.

Took some time to do but happy with how it came out. I need to remove one final time to remove the Unlimited sticker off of the front fender as the skins barely cover it so it looks weird. Also need to put silicone on them, planned on removing them soon to remove the sticker so I didnt apply the silicone yet.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429404947.476052.jpg

Holy crap, pass side rocker gaurd took most of the afternoon to put on. I had two nutserts start spinning on me. Was able to get the first bolt back out, use the tool again and tighten it up. That was the first bolt I then tried to tighten up. Got it to snug up. Get all the rest of the bolts started. Began tightening them and the last stinkin bolt to tighten has the nutsert start spinning. Take them all back out, was able to keep working that one and finally got it out enough that I could grab the nutsert with a pair of vice grips. Held it and backed the screw the rest of the way out. Tried screwing the tool back in and it will just barely go back in. Used a wrench as a spacer to try and be able to snug the nutsert up some more and as I tried to compress it, bam it pops out. Was just barely threaded in. Was able to use a tap and re-tap it. Got the tool screwed back in and snugged it up some more. Finally able to get all bolts in and tightened up.

Also took a little longer as my nephew came up for the weekend and we were bsing in between drilling holes.

Glad those are done for now. Though I still need to pull the stickers off the front fenders and put RTV behind the guards. Another day. Fixing to rain here and there's too much in my parents building to be able to get the jeep in.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Placed an order on some more parts. Stay tuned. 👍

Need to get some of the other stuff installed also. Doesn't do any good just laying around the shop.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Parts are here. Might get some time this week or weekend to install. Don't know for sure. Last two weeks have been busy. A supervisor at work got hurt so I've been supervising his department and had to set up for graduation here on campus and work it. This week is Special Olympics that we set stuff up for and work it also. This Friday night I have a niece graduating high school a few hours away so we are taking off work early and hauling butt to watch her graduate. Next Friday my niece that lives with my parents is graduating high school, that Saturday is my step sisters wedding as well as another wedding for a buddy from college.

I also need to mow my yard again, my parents yard, and my grandmas yard. Not to gripe about the rain cause we still need it here, it started raining today and isn't supposed to slow down until Sunday. So by the time I get to mow, I will need to be in the custom hay cutting business. Lol.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This was not in the box pictured above but here is this...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431565627.800221.jpg

Little over kill for the jeep but I also have a suburban and we have several 3/4 tons and one tons between family.

I haven't got much else out yet.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
They aren't too bad. I think most of my trouble on the pass side was operator error. I was being more mindful of how tight I crimped the nutserts. On the driver side, I did them pretty tight and the threads were off center. So on the pass side I tried not to crimp them as hard to keep the thread part centered and by doing so I don't think I got them tight enough. Once I re crimped the ones that I had problems with, it worked fine.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431644862.690202.jpg

Wonder what that could be. 😁

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431644956.994887.jpg

And this? Course this one slipped out in another thread I posted in today.

More to come....

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431649204.722855.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431649219.778425.jpg

Got one thing done this evening. Tuffy security deck. First impressions is eh. We shall see. I like the idea of it, and the secure space. It is a thinner metal so that's one reason why it's cheaper.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431952564.698248.jpg

Set the winch in the bumper last night. Going to have to trim a little. Knew that going in, got excited I guess and wanted to see it in place. Was over at a buddies, played in his pasture a little bit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431952663.847428.jpg

That's the only picture I took except for the last one. We had fun though.

Hoping to get the winch mounted this week sometime.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432328826.776274.jpg

Pulled the bumper to trim for the winch. Rotated the sway bar motor while bumper was off. Started back on with the bumper and d-ring mounts and realized what time it was so had to quit for today. Niece is graduating tonight. She lives with my parents and is basically like a little sister instead of a niece. She got a full ride to North Eastern Oklahoma for running barrels and will be on the rodeo team.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432415678.193582.jpg

Got it mounted today. Didn't get it hooked up though. Need to get a nut to put the cables on the battery clamps. Was hoping to get all of it done except for that, go to my step sisters wedding, and then stop at Lowes and grab a nut but couldn't get the winch to power in and had 10 feet or so of cable hanging out. Ran out of time and had to get ready for wedding. Gonna mess with it after we get home.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432587136.330710.jpg

Put the flag on for Memorial Day, popped the fronts off and drove down to OKC to see my dad and step mom. Dad and I haven't always had the greatest relationship but he is my dad. He graduated high school and signed up for the Oklahoma National Guard, then got shipped to Vietnam. So we decided to come see him on this holiday.

Going to try and call Warn here in a bit and see if I can talk to them about the winch issue. Might have to wait until tomorrow.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432861879.173524.jpg

Got the new winch in yesterday and mounted this evening. 👍 and it works. Even bigger 👍. Something was wrong with the other one and it got sent back. So much more to do before vacation the end of July.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433516195.209293.jpg

Hard to see the actual winch line but you can definitely see that brand new, bright yellow, ARB tree saver. 👍 Pulled the cable out last night to properly "stretch" it and actually use the winch a little. Going to probably do it again this weekend and use the snatch block so the wife can see it all and teach her how to use things.

Hope to do some more stuff to it this weekend also. We shall see.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433516384.972778.jpg

Another picture just because.

Top Bottom