The TRUE Face of the all NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

ibalrit

Most everything but the front

I like everything behind the windshield. The front looks too much like a Renegade (which we know isn't a real Jeep). I like what appears to be removable parts of the top (rear windows) as well as the attachment points on top. Hoping all that plastic will have after market mods soon.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Here's my guess, the rendering is close to what the what the tub will look. The grill/front end is more jeep looking possibly more of a throw back to the GPW than this renegade grill.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't think the front grill will look like what you're seeing in the scale model. I'm quote sure the final version will look more like this...

attachment.php

attachment.php

The doors, body and hard top/soft top panels should be something similar to what you're seeing in the model. Or, at least based on what we've been hearing for quite some time now.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm going against the current here and I'll say that I like the new front grille. You can also tell they raised the beltline of the doors so I'm glad they copied the F150 door design to give the lost visibility back. The mirrors look a little more sporty too, which I like.

I think most commenters are having a hard time picturing what this would look like when it's fully modded. Now that I'm used to my '13 JKU on 37's, I think stock JKs are fugly. If someone could mock up a concept of this JL with 37's, some modified fender flares, new bumpers and sliders and some KMC Machetes, I bet more people would be lining up to buy one.

I can't wait to see what Eddie and Mel can do to this when they get their hands on one!

View attachment 227703

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that I'm used to my '13 JKU on 37's, I think stock JKs are fugly.

:cheesy: This ^^^^

Every time I see a bone stock JK, I think to myself - wow, they really aren't the best looking things in the world. Good thing it's easy to modify and make look a lot better :yup:

vgullotta

I think the bend at the top of the Jeep grill is cool as well. I don't have any issue with it. It doesn't look any less Jeep to me with the bend there, and if it does give even just a little bit better gas mileage, there's nothing wrong with that.

Pig nailed it. Jeep is holding onto tradition at cranking out ugly ass vehicles.
And JK Dave is also spot on. JK's are fugly. lol

That being said. I can't wait to see it in the flesh and buy one.

Hohertz

Definitely looks like a Renegade and a JK had a baby.... Don't really like the side windows. Do however like the hood and grill.

Hohertz

Did anyone else notice the object between the spare and the passenger side taillight? Not sure what this is! Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not seeing anything other than what looks like the tailgate indention.... ?

Did just notice that the rear windows look like they might be removable separate from the hard top... Anyone else see this?

Last edited:

Sithwindu

I really don't think the front grill will look like what you're seeing in the scale model. I'm quote sure the final version will look more like this...

attachment.php

attachment.php

The doors, body and hard top/soft top panels should be something similar to what you're seeing in the model. Or, at least based on what we've been hearing for quite some time now.

I like the look of the new jl so far, I'm a big fan of the way the renegade looks, and idk if it's body line tricks but this model seems to have a long wheel base.

Also another thing that seems to bother me, and my mind could just be playing tricks on me, is how far the front grill drops. If you were to stubby the front bumper and maybe run a flat style fender, there would be a awkward gap of sheet metal (or the plastic front grill if that's what it's made of) just hanging there, which makes the approach angle look a little low too. I feel the bumper should rise up maybe a inch?

DP1120

I feel like if the grill was not painted that way it would not look like an illegitimate child of current models. It makes me wonder about the marker lights as the spy pics show one thing and the model shows a different thing. Still wondering about the grand wagoneer. It would not surprise me at all if they just re-badge a durango and change the grill but at the same time it looks bigger than that from what we see in the pics.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I am gonna say the model is a concept vehicle just like the renegade concept on the other table. Look at the images between the two.

Now i also think the actual JL may favor the concept some but not entirely. I think the poster photos ARE the actual JL but there isn't much to decipher as they are shadowed. LED lights, fender lights, 7 slot grill and a similar to the JK front and rear profile. Definitely some differences between the model and the poster.

Looking at the spy photos, i think there will be at least a version with the slanted fenders from the model aka a TJ Renegade style. Not a fan of those fenders, but I don't like my stock JK fenders either.

Top Bottom