The Ultimate TRUE TIRE SIZE Database

Stephane87

Ok so if my lift says maximum 34” tires, do I buy a tire that says 34” on the side or one that’s about 1.5” taller (then my he side specs) like 35”-35.5” knowing that in reality it will be smaller?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so if my lift says maximum 34” tires, do I buy a tire that says 34” on the side or one that’s about 1.5” taller (then my he side specs) like 35”-35.5” knowing that in reality it will be smaller?

As I said in your other thread, you want what's stated on the sidewalls. Yes, they will be SMALLER than 34" but they will be correct for your lift.

onlyone

An almost perfect measurement can be had for you new tires with this equation.

Find your Revolutions per mile for your tire. You can find that at tire rack etc.

Here’s an example for a standard tire people use here.
315/70/17 BFG KO2.

604 revolutions per mile

5280/604=8.74x12/3.1416=33.39” tall

Works pretty dang good.

Sorry it’s a little off topic. Just thought it might be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Stephane87

Can someone tell me what would be the real size of a Toyo Open Country AT2 Extrem in 285/75R18 and in 295/70R18?

Thanks a lot

TheGrendel

Yokohama Geolander MT 003 35x12.5R17 mounted on stock Recon rims.
30 psi less than 20 miles.
33 3/8 all the way around to top shoulder tread.

I will say these are actually better riding than the original BFGs. Pretty cool to compare them on stock suspension and get and apples to apples comparison.

8XJFVWF.jpg

Joeycook45

285/70r17 Mastercraft MXT?

I’ve been searching for a few weeks and no luck, can anyone tell me the height of 285/70r17 Mastercraft MXT’s?

WJCO

Meme King
I’ve been searching for a few weeks and no luck, can anyone tell me the height of 285/70r17 Mastercraft MXT’s?

According to their own website, their 285/70R17 is 32.91 inches in diameter (off of the vehicle with no weight on it). This is nearly identical to every other 285/70R17 tire out there. So with the weight of the Jeep on your tire, you'll likely have a total height of slightly under 32 inches (you can find several of that size tire in this thread).

http://mastercrafttires.com/Tires/Light-Truck/Courser-MXT.aspx

Untitled.jpg

Joeycook45

According to their own website, their 285/70R17 is 32.91 inches in diameter (off of the vehicle with no weight on it). This is nearly identical to every other 285/70R17 tire out there. So with the weight of the Jeep on your tire, you'll likely have a total height of slightly under 32 inches (you can find several of that size tire in this thread).

http://mastercrafttires.com/Tires/Light-Truck/Courser-MXT.aspx

View attachment 290851

Lol thanks for the PowerPoint. As stated in my post I’m aware what the specs say but this thread is for real world actual measurements and that’s what i’m Searching for.

WJCO

Meme King
Lol thanks for the PowerPoint. As stated in my post I’m aware what the specs say but this thread is for real world actual measurements and that’s what i’m Searching for.

What I'm saying is that the tire that your interested in has near identical specs to the other 285s out there according to various manufacturer's websites. So if you browse through this thread and look at the ACTUAL height of all of the different 285s, you'll find that they are all right under 32inches. So the tire that you're interested in will probably be about the same.

Top Bottom