The very slow build of "Oogie Boogie"

Dopey84

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446501488.379173.jpg my before and after pics... With Evo leveling kit and spidertrax 1.5 spacers. It's been raining for the past couple days so I thought I'd try out the lift off-road finally[emoji41] and loving it!

Pyro1415

It's looking good man. I hated how the stock bumper was pretty much a mud scoop. Future reference you always torque under load so tires down and suspension compressed.

Dopey84

Thanks Pyro1415.. I hate the front and rear bumpers.. I'll be looking at changing them out after the beginning of the year after our baby is born... And I ended up torquing everything on the ground with full load with the exception of my spidertrax spacers which were done on Jack stands and the assistance of my wife on the brakes for the front..

Dopey84

So is it possible that there could be a driver side coil and passenger side coil in this kit... It really seams like I have a lean on the front passenger side even all the way to the back... I thought it was even but even my wife and others say it has a lean..

thardy

Banned
So is it possible that there could be a driver side coil and passenger side coil in this kit... It really seams like I have a lean on the front passenger side even all the way to the back... I thought it was even but even my wife and others say it has a lean..

That's probably due to the gas tank that is on the passenger side. Fairly common.

Dopey84

I'll try and get a better picture with it from the front on level ground ... Idk why it's bugging me it drives straight and doesn't pull...

thardy

Banned
I'll try and get a better picture with it from the front on level ground ... Idk why it's bugging me it drives straight and doesn't pull...

It's probably nothing. The only other thing to check would be to ensure that your coils are properly seated on both sides.

If you can snap a picture of it on level ground from the front and rear, that will help.

Dopey84

I checked the seat on both coils... There were they are supposed to be.. Could it be worn shocks?? Idk I'm stumped... It just didn't have the lean before the lift... I'll be getting that picture up shortly

thardy

Banned
I checked the seat on both coils... There were they are supposed to be.. Could it be worn shocks?? Idk I'm stumped... It just didn't have the lean before the lift... I'll be getting that picture up shortly

My guess would just be that because the springs are a little softer, it's making it a little more noticeable. But a broken shock could have something to do with it, but I'd say that's a stretch.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's the "jk lean" and is very common that the jeep leans to the passenger side. With my coilovers Jay and Andrew set the height so there was a little more on the passenger side to make up for the lean

Dopey84

It's the "jk lean" and is very common that the jeep leans to the passenger side. With my coilovers Jay and Andrew set the height so there was a little more on the passenger side to make up for the lean

if I had coilovers that would be awesome... I'm just not sure... I'm gonna just have to wait and see how it settles or maybe swap the springs around and see if it makes a difference... I did notice before I adjusted the sway bar angle it didn't lean as much...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you have adjustable rear links you can set one longer on the passenger side to account for the lean as well I think.

Dopey84

Everything but the Evo leveling kit, Jks quick disconnects and spidertrax are stock so I don't believe I have rear adjustable links...

Dopey84

Ok so had my first run in with death wobble yesterday... On the highway at 75mph. Omg! I pulled off as slowly and quickly as I could bring it to a stop... I got out and check almost everything I could remember that causes death wobble and decided to give it a go and see if it occurred again... And nothing. I will be getting under it today to check out all the components under the front end to make sure there is nothing lose or bad bushings or bearings but will be starting with the track bar since I didn't check it yesterday fingers crossed I'm hoping it will be simple...

Dopey84

I got a new grille installed... The wifey bought me a new TYGER Angry bird grill. Looks pretty sweet! She also added a vlair portable air compressor with it.. Feeling pretty good.... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451199554.263743.jpg

Dopey84

If you have adjustable rear links you can set one longer on the passenger side to account for the lean as well I think.

^^^ I got to looking at my front sway bar links after you mentioned this and it was really obvious I should have noticed my Jks adjustment on my links were not the same... So after adjusting them and a drive around town it has leveled out no noticeable lean anymore...

Top Bottom