Third row seat

Kalums

Anyone ever try the 4 or 5 point harnesses? Other than flipping the seat backwards and attaching them to A RH cage behind the middle seats any ideas as to how to attach a harness?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

geberhard

Douchebag
Kalum, agreed, the nutserts loked a bit iffy. I used washers and used grade 8 bolts and locknuts, no need for a plate. There are a couple spts that it is tricky to get to, but there are several and more than enough bolts to hold the setup together. As far as a harness, I am using JK rear seatbelts. The safest and best approach is using the kids car seats if you still have them. I have friends that run Radian Diono RXT seats and they are by far some of the best car seats, have aluminum frames and you can fit two very well from babies to tweens. They support kids from 5 to 120 pounds so you are definitely set. If you look for the JPMagaizine or Fourwheeler article catching up with Katie there are some pics and details on the car seat. Actually the picture in the article kinda makes you want to make babies if you do not have yet :) JK

katie-and-a-car-seat.jpg

Recaro, Corbeau, etc also make car seats and suspension seats for kids.

Kalums

That is a great looking car seat!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah cause that's what you saw first... :cheesy : they will be in the car seats for now,but I'm looking to the future. I hate getting half way through something like this just to finish when it becomes necessary and I don't have time. I was just thinking the 4 or 5 point harnesses because I can get a set of sparco(s) for 70$ for the pair.

Kalums

Kalum, agreed, the nutserts loked a bit iffy. I used washers and used grade 8 bolts and locknuts, no need for a plate. There are a couple spts that it is tricky to get to, but there are several and more than enough bolts to hold the setup together. As far as a harness, I am using JK rear seatbelts. The safest and best approach is using the kids car seats if you still have them. I have friends that run Radian Diono RXT seats and they are by far some of the best car seats, have aluminum frames and you can fit two very well from babies to tweens. They support kids from 5 to 120 pounds so you are definitely set. If you look for the JPMagaizine or Fourwheeler article catching up with Katie there are some pics and details on the car seat. Actually the picture in the article kinda makes you want to make babies if you do not have yet :) JK

katie-and-a-car-seat.jpg

Recaro, Corbeau, etc also make car seats and suspension seats for kids.
Did you use rubber grommets on the tub or rubber washers underneath?

Kalums

Just looked not much different than Amazon. Max 30$ per order for 3 orders... I think I'll wait until the expo here and see if anyone there has it for a discount... 👍😀

Top Bottom