Third row seat

KaPow

Anyone ever try the 4 or 5 point harnesses? Other than flipping the seat backwards and attaching them to A RH cage behind the middle seats any ideas as to how to attach a harness?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I used a corbeau Baja bench seat (forward facing) for my third row. My original plan was to put in 4 pt. Harnesses. But I ended up just doing lap belts. The problem I ran into was the Rockhard roll bar extension is too high above the seat, and not far enough behind it, to be the correct angle for harnesses to hold the kids in. Also there wasn't enough room to mount it to the floor behind the seat at the recommended angle.

Last edited:

Kalums

I used a corbeau Baja bench seat (forward facing) for my third row. My original plan was to put in 4 pt. Harnesses. But I ended up just doing lap belts. The problem I ran into was the Rockhard roll bar extension is too high above the seat, and not far enough behind it, to be the correct angle for harnesses to hold the kids in. Also there wasn't enough room to mount it to the floor behind the seat at the recommended angle.
And that was what I was wondering but I've also heard of other people using the seat frame as a mounting point(s) but that doesn't seem right to me...

KaPow

And that was what I was wondering but I've also heard of other people using the seat frame as a mounting point(s) but that doesn't seem right to me...

I wouldn't. I don't think the metal is thick enough, but that's just me.
The other problem is, if you're using harnesses, You should be using a seat that has the slots that position the harnesses on your shoulders.

Kalums

I wouldn't. I don't think the metal is thick enough, but that's just me.
The other problem is, if you're using harnesses, You should be using a seat that has the slots that position the harnesses on your shoulders.
I saw they make the straps that attach to the Headrest "poles" to hold the shoulder straps in the right place or I was thinking about molding the seat so the straps attached to the top metal frame... The holding straps not the seatbelt itself

JKbrick

That's funny shit right there, that pic has been on here for days and I never noticed that was a car seat, I only wondered why the front seat and back seat didn't match!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Ok so to continue this, what seat belts have you used (lap belt, 3 point, 4 point) and where did you secure them(bolt them down) pictures would be greatly appreciated.

geberhard

Douchebag
As far as seatbelts, I am using factory JK 3 point belts. There is a great write-up online (Wayalife does not allows external links), but if you google images "jk third row seat seatbelts" you can see the 4th pic showing the full write-up and mount positioning etc. I have posted on another thread here how I did mine.

Basically for the lower mount, you drill the stock rear bolt hole through the cage and run a longer grade 8 bolt that will hold now both the stock JK in the current position and the "new" 2 door jk seatbelt behind the cage. I may have posted a pic, but if not I will take a new shot and post up.
For the upper belt mount spot, you can augment where you have the soft top bracket mount (close to a perfect angle, or make a small bracket. I have added the RockKrawler rear 3rd row seat cage extension.

Top Bottom