Thoughts on smittybilt XRC winch

Andy5160

Hooked
I have Smittybilt X2O 10000. Have it for two and a half years works good no issues. Did not use it for a year and tested it about a month ago befor the run no issues however Warn is known for its quality and reliability so I were to do it again I would get Warn.
Look into Warn M8000 I hear it is less expensive and worth it.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm gonna go the rout of buying this XRC and then selling it to buy a warn. I don't doubt the XRC is good. But it seems everyone wishes they'd have gone that way the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm gonna go the rout of buying this XRC and then selling it to buy a warn. I don't doubt the XRC is good. But it seems everyone wishes they'd have gone that way the first time around.

Sounds like a good way to go to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the exact on you have the chance to buy and it's been solid and never failed, had it for a few years and used it a bunch.

It's great that yours works and is still working and I mean that sincerely. Certainly, there's nothing worse than pulling line on a Jeep in a bad spot only to find that the winch doesn't work. This is something I've personally seen plenty of times only, not on a WARN.

tippedover

It's great that yours works and is still working and I mean that sincerely. Certainly, there's nothing worse than pulling line on a Jeep in a bad spot only to find that the winch doesn't work. This is something I've personally seen plenty of times only, not on a WARN.

I am not arguing by any means that it's a better winch than warn, I just happen to have bought it along with other stuff at the start of my build that I probly should of done more research. Just trying to help OP out. On a different note anyone can pull google up and see the the consumer reports on the two and Warn wins all day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am not arguing by any means that it's a better winch than warn, I just happen to have bought it along with other stuff at the start of my build that I probly should of done more research. Just trying to help OP out. On a different note anyone can pull google up and see the the consumer reports on the two and Warn wins all day.

Like I said, I'm glad that yours works and is still working. I think the problem is more of a quality control issue than anything. Probably only 1 in 10 are going to have an issue. The OP is wanting to sell it so that he can get something better anyway.

Like I said, I'm glad that yours works and is still working. I think the problem is more of a quality control issue than anything. Probably only 1 in 10 are going to have an issue. The OP is wanting to sell it so that he can get something better anyway.

Bingo! It's the same reason I'm holding off on doing axle upgrades until I can afford a pair of PR60's. Buy once cry once and be done with it. I'm getting a good deal on the XRC so I should be able to double my money and then add it to my budget and end up with a nice WARN.
Thanks to all who replied. You guys are always a big help. And thanks for jumping in Eddie, always nice to hear from you as well!

Andy5160

Hooked
Bingo! It's the same reason I'm holding off on doing axle upgrades until I can afford a pair of PR60's. Buy once cry once and be done with it. I'm getting a good deal on the XRC so I should be able to double my money and then add it to my budget and end up with a nice WARN.
Thanks to all who replied. You guys are always a big help. And thanks for jumping in Eddie, always nice to hear from you as well!

Looks like we have a winner.

Good luck with the sale.

kirstinthemermaid

I have reached the point where a winch is next on the list, and while I know that A lot of you guys are big proponents of WARN, I've got a good line on a smittybilt XRC 12,000.

Its a winch that we put on a Jeep that we built for our showroom and, when the customer bought the Jeep, they didn't want it. Its been sitting in our Parts room for the better part of two years and they want it gone.

What are everyone's thoughts on the XRC series of winches? I would only end up paying a little over $200.00 for it so its a very attractive opportunity. That said, I have about a $700.00 budget at the moment, so please, feel free to steer me in a different direction if there is something else you all recommend.

Yeah I agree you should just spend the extra money and get the good quality WARN. Smittybilt isn't terrible, but its Chinese made and not as good of a product. I have a Smittybilt XRC and its been ok so far, but I plan on upgrading when I can afford it. I know tons of people who have a bad experience with the Smittybilt winch, so steer away if you don't mind spending the money.

Sullivan

I think it's obvious that the warn is a better winch. But for $200, why not? Resell or keep it. Either way you will be fine. I've seen a warn have issues on the trail as well. They are great winches, but not indestructible or capable of failure.

Top Bottom