Thoughts on this nutsert tool

Sharkey

Word Ninja
BTW...make sure to let me know if I need to bring anything tool-wise. I may have some extra ratchet straps, and I'm assuming my long level (or laser level) may help.

Dave_g

I was looking into using one of those for a panel I plan on mounting on my rockhard roll cage, I had them not weld it Because I would prefer it to be removeable

biggy

Look what showed up today. Its smaller then what it looks like on the web.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1362094497841.jpg
    1362094497841.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 82

biggy

Just tried it on some scrap metal and it worked great. After the hole was drilled it probably took 2min to install the nutsert. For one I used a ratchet for the bolt and the second I used a drill. It was very easy to use. Now I used the aluminum nutserts that came in the kit so Im sure the steel ones evo sends out will take more effort, but if you use a drill its easy on the arms. Worth the money I believe.

Attachments

• 1362096330591.jpg
    1362096330591.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 1362096357484.jpg
    1362096357484.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 77
Just tried it on some scrap metal and it worked great. After the hole was drilled it probably took 2min to install the nutsert. For one I used a ratchet for the bolt and the second I used a drill. It was very easy to use. Now I used the aluminum nutserts that came in the kit so Im sure the steel ones evo sends out will take more effort, but if you use a drill its easy on the arms. Worth the money I believe.

Watch using the drill on the sheet metal on the rubi it is very thin :yup: I tried it and saw some warping before it was even close to being set. Just a warning.

rinkishjk

Looks like it worked great. I would probably do it by hand so u have more control. Either way it looks like a decent tool.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Happy to report the one we bought of Amazon worked fantastically! :thumb:

Sorry to report, it worked so good we didn't even bother to open the $30 one. :grayno:

Someone else will have to be the guinea pig.

biggy

Happy to report the one we bought of Amazon worked fantastically! :thumb:

Sorry to report, it worked so good we didn't even bother to open the $30 one. :grayno:

Someone else will have to be the guinea pig.

I guess that will be me. One corner and some parts of the carrier showed up today.

Top Bottom