Thoughts on Trail Rocker Accessor Control System?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
6084314bf18212715fdcc3c5c43e40e8.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Watch out everybody! I have an opposing view on something!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

So many of your opinions are opposing. I wonder why you login, here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Actually, I'm just a small asian guy who isn't even tall enough to do crossfit. :blush:

Wait, you are short and asian? I call shenanigans.

Besides, anyone can do crossfit. You just have to tell everyone and they let you in to the cult.

JAGS

Hooked
Why over complicate something? The box on my Painless Performance Trail Rocker is barely bigger than the Spod box. It has a single harness running into the cabin to the switch panel. An electrical accessory can be powered by running a single wire to it from the pre-wired Trail Rocker control box under the hood. It's simple, easy, and affordable. I don't want to fumble with my phone on the trail to turn on my lockers just to be able to brag that I have wirelessly activated lockers and lights in my Jeep. Great for the meet & greet parking lots, but not much more. Doesn't get any easier than a simple rocker switch.

You can still activate switchpro with the button panel in the cab.

Benito

Caught the Bug
just read there install instructions and they require you to "tap into" your JK's electrical wires/systems in a few spots to make there's work .. thanks but no thanks I want a 100% stand alone completely isolated solution that doesn't affect the stock electrical system in anyway shape or form other then connecting to the battery or a grounding point.

If that really is true, it's news to me. Granted, I run their original custom built switch system which was the predecessor to what they sell now and it just hooked up to the battery and a ground point.

You need to "tap-a-fuse" to send the module ignition position, and tap into the fender side marker to tell the module when you turn on your night driving lights. This allows you to have more programming options. You can program switches to only come on when the is Jeep on or have accessories be used when the Jeep is off. And the only function I think the side marker splice is used for is to dim the panel when the lights come on like the rest of the dash.

RedSheep

The more I'm looking into this the more I'm liking the Switchpros one and think I can/will be able to just splice the wire that is meant to go to the marker light into the fuse-tap for the "ignition position" being that 98% of the time I turn the fog/low-beams lights on as soon as I start the jeep anyway (thus negating any real difference) and from watching one of their vids on the system, should be able to just set the programing options for diming the panel background to be at same level for both cases, effectively turning "the diming function" into just a constant faint background light, which still turns off when he jeep is off so as to not drain the battery. And can see a real benefit from not having everything hot all the time so anyone walking by (or the little dudes playing around) can't simply turn all the lights and stuff on just for fun, because they can.

gtoples

Spod with Trail rocker ?

Hello. I have an early model spod , I would like to add the Trail Rocker 57000 to my JKU , has anyone done this to their Jk ? If so any problems ? Thanks .

gmb425

I love drinking Jack and reading this! Loving Wayalife. Thank you for caring about us who this value things like jeeps and integrity and this way of life! Time for an other 🥃

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom