Thoughts on Trail Rocker Accessor Control System?

WJCO

Meme King
I would rather see what spod did right out in the open so people can be informed. I know of three people who bought spods before they were familiar with what happened here and wished they had known about it prior. I would want to know if a company is shitty before I buy from them so I can buy elsewhere.

RedSheep

I would rather see what spod did right out in the open so people can be informed. I know of three people who bought spods before they were familiar with what happened here and wished they had known about it prior. I would want to know if a company is shitty before I buy from them so I can buy elsewhere.

That is why I'm looking and asking as I almost did the exact same thing, until I read about what happened and so would rather not use them. yes I still do like what they offer from a "purely technological point". (a single network connection between a few circuit boards where if something goes wrong it's simply replace a, b, or c and that's is, might not be DYI-fixable but doesn't get any simpler and easier) ...and... yes the tired and true timeless wired options will still work and it's what I will mostly likely end up doing... but then one should then ask why isn't FC/Jeep still using the same old simple style electrical systems as they have for the last 50+ years they also "worked" well and where easier to fix.

QUOTE=highoctane;849420]Why over complicate something?[/QUOTE] ... is email more complicate then hand writing a letter and posting it, email seem much much simpler and easier to me

As to smart phones, I don't even own one ..lol... The point is that just as it is an OPTION for use with and on and connecting with the newest JK's (I order mine specify with out any of that stuff) but .... why wouldn't I expect the same level (or even greater, more advanced level) of technical advancement and expertise from the aftermarket world especially when it comes to electronics, seems like they are playing catch-up in this arena and/or there average/target consumer is.

BlackDiamond_JKU

Clearly, things like honesty and integrity don't matter to some but they do still matter to me.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

Easy hot dog, I read that after I've run the SPOD in 3 of my rigs. Would I still buy an SPOD, yeah probably.
Do I think the guy went around your forum rules to try and push his product? Yes. I do. Do I think he poorly lied when he got caught...yeah I do.
But, IMO he was trying to do what was good for his business, do I agree, no, but he has always been a phone call, or a IG DM away from great costumer service.
Everybody does dumb shit, and everybody makes mistakes. I think you're a little more jaded than most because he ran game on your forum, understandably so, because that is your baby, but it doesn't change that he makes a great product and has great customer service.

I would love to run that other system as well though, if only I didn't have a manual...I'd love to have my lockers, ARB, and CB down on the underside of my dash by my shifter.

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

BlackDiamond_JKU

Would be REAL nice if more of these companies (besides them who shall not be name) got away from the 50+ year old technology with dozens of wires/fuse/relays/etc and actually started using modern 21st century electronics similar to what our jeeps have with canbus circuits, mobile connectivity and the like.

Agreed

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do I think the guy went around your forum rules to try and push his product? Yes. I do. Do I think he poorly lied when he got caught...yeah I do.

Would I still buy an SPOD, yeah probably.

Like I said, things like honesty and integrity matter to ME. Clearly, they don't matter to YOU.

WJCO

Meme King
Easy hot dog, I read that after I've run the SPOD in 3 of my rigs. Would I still buy an SPOD, yeah probably.
But, IMO he was trying to do what was good for his business, do I agree, no, but he has always been a phone call, or a IG DM away from great costumer service.
Everybody does dumb shit, and everybody makes mistakes. I think you're a little more jaded than most because he ran game on your forum, understandably so, because that is your baby, but it doesn't change that he makes a great product and has great customer service.

I would love to run that other system as well though, if only I didn't have a manual...I'd love to have my lockers, ARB, and CB down on the underside of my dash by my shifter.

----------------
2016 JKUR

Ok. So If I come to your house and you tell me to take off my shoes, I won't. If you tell me not to drink your beer in your fridge, I will. But then I won't expect you to get upset at me for breaking your rules. Seem logical right?

RedSheep

Like SwitchPro.... uses mosfet s, each switch can be programmed to be momentary on, on/off, and many other options and you can use your phone to connect to it through Bluetooth

just read there install instructions and they require you to "tap into" your JK's electrical wires/systems in a few spots to make there's work .. thanks but no thanks I want a 100% stand alone completely isolated solution that doesn't affect the stock electrical system in anyway shape or form other then connecting to the battery or a grounding point.

BlackDiamond_JKU

Like I said, things like honesty and integrity matter to ME. Clearly, they don't matter to YOU.

Listen, I'm not going to argue about it, I* like the product. I don't agree with him breaking your forum rules.
Doesn't change my opinion about it being the best product in this genre right now.
But, he didn't fuck anybody's wife, or rip people off with a lemon product. He made a fake account, and pushed his product.

Ok. So If I come to your house and you tell me to take off my shoes, I won't. If you tell me not to drink your beer in your fridge, I will. But then I won't expect you to get upset at me for breaking your rules. Seem logical right?

I think big Eddie has this one on his own.

But, you wouldn't be allowed in my house. I'd tell you to get the fuck out.

But, if somebody said you did those things, I'd still hang out with you, jeep with you, unless of course you disrespected me in the same manner, then I'd tell you to get fucked.

My point is, what he did, while wrong, while ban worthy, isn't the same as killing your dog and dragging him through the street.
But, opposing views in some venues can often be seen as hostile act hostile intent
lol
Especially in WAL

Perfect example, I don't agree with how some people flame guys over the most trivial shit in here, to include Eddie. You've got a lot of hard talkers on this forum. (Well the internet in general)
Doesn't change the fact that I think Eddie is a genius, and has built by far one of the best Jeep forums on the net.

----------------
2016 JKUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
just read there install instructions and they require you to "tap into" your JK's electrical wires/systems in a few spots to make there's work .. thanks but no thanks I want a 100% stand alone completely isolated solution that doesn't affect the stock electrical system in anyway shape or form other then connecting to the battery or a grounding point.

If that really is true, it's news to me. Granted, I run their original custom built switch system which was the predecessor to what they sell now and it just hooked up to the battery and a ground point.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Listen, I'm not going to argue about it, I* like the product. I don't agree with him breaking your forum rules.
Doesn't change my opinion about it being the best product in this genre right now.
But, he didn't fuck anybody's wife, or rip people off with a lemon product. He made a fake account, and pushed his product.

But, if somebody said you did those things, I'd still hang out with you, jeep with you, unless of course you disrespected me in the same manner, then I'd tell you to get fucked.

My point is, what he did, while wrong, while ban worthy, isn't the same as killing your dog and dragging him through the street.
But, opposing views in some venues can often be seen as hostile act hostile intent
lol
Especially in WAL

Perfect example, I don't agree with how some people flame guys over the most trivial shit in here, to include Eddie. You've got a lot of hard talkers on this forum. (Well the internet in general)
Doesn't change the fact that I think Eddie is a genius, and has built by far one of the best Jeep forums on the net.

----------------
2016 JKUR

Dude.. your a loser.. get lost

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

lol
Especially in WAL

----------------
2016 JKUR

You're a fucking idiot.
He's a liar, unbelievable people think that's okay.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

lol
Especially in WAL

----------------
2016 JKUR

See post 25 since you still don't seem to get it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

lol
Especially in WAL

----------------
2016 JKUR

Holy shit your dumb.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

lol
Especially in WAL

----------------
2016 JKUR

The irony of your stance on Spod, ("he didn't do anything wrong to me") and the quote you have in your signature. If only people and companies were held accountable maybe "Chesty" wouldn't think our country was soft....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Listen, I'm not going to argue about it, I* like the product.

Listen, I heard you say as much the first time. :idontknow:

I don't agree with him breaking your forum rules.

But you would still support what he did by continuing to buy his product. Clearly, things like honesty and integrity don't matter to you and hey, to each their own.

Of course it doesn't. Clearly, getting what you think is the best product in this genre right now is more important to you than honesty or integrity. The shoe fits, just wear it already.

LOL!! No need to get your panties in a bunch. Clearly, it doesn't bother you to support a guy who would make a fake account to pimp his products so long as he isn't fucking anybody's wife or ripping people off with a lemon product. Like I keep on saying, things like honesty and integrity just matter to ME.

Actually, I'm just a small asian guy who isn't even tall enough to do crossfit. :blush:

Well of course, you personally being disrespected is the only thing that matters. :yup:

We get your point. In spite of the fact that you AGREE what this guy did was WRONG, was DISHONEST and LACKED INTEGRITY, YOU would STILL support him. Apparently, I was just brought up a bit differently.

lol
Especially in WAL

LOL - All I did was post how you don't care about things like honesty and integrity. Funny how that seemed to get under your skin.

BlackDiamond_JKU

BlackDiamond_JKU is soft :thumb:

True

----------------
2016 JKUR

BlackDiamond_JKU

Watch out everybody! I have an opposing view on something!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

----------------
2016 JKUR

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
True

----------------
2016 JKUR

hey... as long as you know buddy

Top Bottom