Tie Rod / Drag Link / Stabilizer Kits

TerraJL

Simple and to the point questions...

What is everyone using these days in terms of brand of tie rod/drag link/stabilizer as a full kit? Eddie, I watched your Synergy tie rod install video. Are you still running that Synergy tie rod on your JL? Thoughts on aluminum vs steel and all that comes with that?

TIA,

TerraJL

4PLAY

On my '20 JLR I am using SteerSmarts track bar, drag link, tie rod and axle mounted stabilizer relocation bracket, Fox through-shaft stabilizer and Rancho frame mounted track bar brace. Drives and handles great, zero complaints!
Only thing I would suggest is no matter what brand you go with make sure everything is torqued to their spec, which is usually a bit more than OEM. Also if you are using thick steel brackets at frame for track bar / steering gearbox reinforcement or thick steel stabilizer relocation mounts, add in a bit extra to compensate for the added resistance due to the up to 1/2" steel you just added.

Very, very happy with the overall results of my 2.5" suspension which is comprised of products from several manufactures (Synergy, Rancho, SteerSmarts, MetalCloak, RK, Teraflex, Fox) but all work wonderfully together...Remember the BS COVID lockdowns? I had a lot of time to experiment with various suspension components and every nut, bolt and fastener was installed by myself...Also very happy that I am once again way too busy to take on another undertaking like this!

As mentioned, I run Synergy now but wouldn't hesitate to run Rock Jock. Price it a bit high on them.

Stock stabilizer is all I would ever run.
I had to wait for months to finally get a stock stabilizer because they were on NBO. When I finally got one and went to install it, I found they had changed the bushing on one end so it wouldn’t work with the Synergy stabilizer relocation kit any longer. I’ve been stuck with the pos fox one since and it sucks.

Top Bottom