Tight/pulling steering

jeeeep

Hooked
Its brand new though. I had a fox damper that was seized up and i had the problem then already. I drove with a broken pump for a month so i was thinking its the power steering box

Sent from my SM-G920F using WAYALIFE mobile app

brand new doesn't make it not the cause of your issue, aftermarket dampeners have different behavior from the stock unit, some pull, some push others are similar to neutral like the stock unit.

if your suspension is setup properly, you really don't need one.

I test drove mine without it for a few days when I 1st installed my lift and 35's to make sure there weren't any issues.

as mentioned, it's easy to remove it and see if it makes the issue go away.

the wandering/meandering side to side you'll probably feel without it is from your caster being off, you'll need adjustable lower control arms to correct that.

J

JKDream

brand new doesn't make it not the cause of your issue, aftermarket dampeners have different behavior from the stock unit, some pull, some push others are similar to neutral like the stock unit.

if your suspension is setup properly, you really don't need one.

I test drove mine without it for a few days when I 1st installed my lift and 35's to make sure there weren't any issues.

as mentioned, it's easy to remove it and see if it makes the issue go away.

the wandering/meandering side to side you'll probably feel without it is from your caster being off, you'll need adjustable lower control arms to correct that.
To expand on this - the factory steering stabilizer is not a nitrogen charged shock like your Bilstein is. Your Bilstein wants to constantly extend outward as it is under pressure. This is likely part of the issue. I also agree with Eddie - you have too little caster.

Top Bottom