Time to start over again. Last time

jeeeep

Hooked
I finally got a chance to look at my Gladiator. It was just a quick look, but the frame is bent on the drivers side. The hood, grill, and of course the bumper are all damaged. The grill was pushed back into the trans cooler. That's all I could see for the time being.
Damage sounds similar to my JK - which included the front axle on further inspection and Insurance covered all repairs since airbags did not go off.

Dale72

Hooked
Damage sounds similar to my JK - which included the front axle on further inspection and Insurance covered all repairs since airbags did not go off.
They told mom when she called to report it that they couldn't start the process until they talked to me, but I haven't heard from them and can't get ahold of them.

Dale72

Hooked
Since it's a 2022 and only has 5400 miles on it. I'm thinking that the insurance will have it fixed.

Dale72

Hooked
Well finally got someone at the insurance company to call me. The tow truck is on the way to take it to the shop so they can get a better look underneath. Even though the frame is bent, with it only having 5413 miles on it, they might fix it instead of total it. But it all depends on what else they see once they get it on the lift

Dale72

Hooked
Just got a call from the body shop and it's got to be taken to the dealers body shop. They are more than likely going to be replacing the frame and the shop that they sent it to doesn't have the equipment to swap the motor to the new frame.

Dale72

Hooked
Well as of now the cost of the damage to my Gladiator is at $6000. That's just a estimate from the photos the insurance got. The estimate wasn't showing everything that I could see was damaged. So I called the lady who wrote it. She said not to freak out that they are going to pull it completely apart and fix it.

Dale72

Hooked
I just got a text from the insurance company saying that my Gladiator should be ready by January 22nd. I called him and asked if they were replacing the frame or just the left rail. He tried to say that just the frame extension was bent. How did this part of the frame become a frame extension. 20231221_153258.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I just got a text from the insurance company saying that my Gladiator should be ready by January 22nd. I called him and asked if they were replacing the frame or just the left rail. He tried to say that just the frame extension was bent. How did this part of the frame become a frame extension. View attachment 400293
Had same thing done to my JKU, they cut the weld and the extension slides out, the extension looks similar to this:
68382862AB-3-TOP.JPG

Dale72

Hooked
Had same thing done to my JKU, they cut the weld and the extension slides out, the extension looks similar to this:
68382862AB-3-TOP.JPG
They keep changing what they are doing to it. They told the first body shop that they sent it to that they were more than likely to replace the rail. But that shop doesn't have the equipment to pull the motor, that's why it was taken to the dealers body shop.

jeeeep

Hooked
They keep changing what they are doing to it. They told the first body shop that they sent it to that they were more than likely to replace the rail. But that shop doesn't have the equipment to pull the motor, that's why it was taken to the dealers body shop.
I had it done at a dealer body shop as well; they told me it's easier to pull the body off, pulled the engine/transmission out as one unit and then they can easily repair the extension.

Dale72

Hooked
I had it done at a dealer body shop as well; they told me it's easier to pull the body off, pulled the engine/transmission out as one unit and then they can easily repair the extension.
The text I got from the insurance company said that the shop had some of the parts in. It should be ready by the 22nd of this month. The only thing is I don't have any use for the dealer that it's at. But it's the only one of the 3 in Jackson that has a body shop.

jeeeep

Hooked
The text I got from the insurance company said that the shop had some of the parts in. It should be ready by the 22nd of this month. The only thing is I don't have any use for the dealer that it's at. But it's the only one of the 3 in Jackson that has a body shop.
I hear you, hopefully the body shop guys/management are much better than the dealership side.

Top Bottom