Tires! Need help quick!

jeeeep

Hooked
x2 on Falkens, if most of your driving is DD with occasional off. I was happy with offroad performance - mud and snow so so, excellent in the rain.
rotate them with each oil change.
I recently switched to BFG KO and while better in the snow, the Falkens had a wider stance and handle better on road - I also noticed the Falkens fit tight against the rubber stops on the tire carrier where the BFG's have a pretty good gap.
Couple of pics with Falkens, I'll post a photo with the BFG tomorrow -

L0010.jpg

L0011.jpg

x2 on Falkens, if most of your driving is DD with occasional off. I was happy with offroad performance - mud and snow so so, excellent in the rain.
rotate them with each oil change.
I recently switched to BFG KO and while better in the snow, the Falkens had a wider stance and handle better on road - I also noticed the Falkens fit tight against the rubber stops on the tire carrier where the BFG's have a pretty good gap.
Couple of pics with Falkens, I'll post a photo with the BFG tomorrow -

View attachment 26302

View attachment 26303

Looks good, thanks for the info and your experience. Hows the wear on the falkens? Or too early to tell for you

jeeeep

Hooked
Looks good, thanks for the info and your experience. Hows the wear on the falkens? Or too early to tell for you

On the Falkens I had about 50k mile when I switched them out and still got a credit from Discount for the tread left - when I bought them they had a 50k mile warranty, don't know if they still offer that - BFG no longer has mileage warranty. Only reason I switched to BFG is because I was going to spend some time in the snow and didn't like the way the Falkens handled the last time I was in the snow - BFG is much better in that environment.

I kept the Falkens rotated and balanced with every oil change (rotated all 5), I probably could have gone another 10k miles on them. They handled great off-road, the Texas mud was a bit of a challenge and I didn't try anything too deep, but after it set like cement on the way home I now avoid this clay muck.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366780941.720350.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366780957.651989.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366781264.796973.jpg
I've been running the falkens in a 325/70/17 35x12.50 equivalent for 2 years now and have around 40k miles on them and they still have around 50% tread I rotate them every 5,000 miles and rotate the spare in also. Love them and have had great results in all types of terrain

On the Falkens I had about 50k mile when I switched them out and still got a credit from Discount for the tread left - when I bought them they had a 50k mile warranty, don't know if they still offer that - BFG no longer has mileage warranty. Only reason I switched to BFG is because I was going to spend some time in the snow and didn't like the way the Falkens handled the last time I was in the snow - BFG is much better in that environment.

I kept the Falkens rotated and balanced with every oil change (rotated all 5), I probably could have gone another 10k miles on them. They handled great off-road, the Texas mud was a bit of a challenge and I didn't try anything too deep, but after it set like cement on the way home I now avoid this clay muck.

Great thanks!

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I will do that. I haven't heard too much bad about km2's but I will look into falkens

OK, I will give you some bad on the KM2's. Their sidewalls are paper thin. On one trail I tore 3 sidewalls. I traded them in for the Toyo Open Country's and I am glad I did.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Those look good, the jeep looks great too. How's the wear and on road quality like on the Toyos?

I run them at 28 psi on the road for a nice even wear. On the road they are very stable compared to the KM2's that I found were a bit flighty.

1yellowjk

I love my KM2's, nice on the highway and great on the trail, some people will say they have weak sidewall, but I have airdown and hit the trails down around East TX, Arkansas and haven't had a single problem. I have 8K on mine and they look brand new.

I love my KM2's, nice on the highway and great on the trail, some people will say they have weak sidewall, but I have airdown and hit the trails down around East TX, Arkansas and haven't had a single problem. I have 8K on mine and they look brand new.

I've heard alot of good about km2's. I need to find some in SoCal or wait 6 Weeks for a set. Which sucks but oh well

Top Bottom