Tires! Need help quick!

bl17z90

Maybe go with mickey thompson mtz. They are a little bit loud but pretty easy to get ahold of and cheaper. Atleast in my neck of the woods. Suprising that noone ever mentions them.

I have the MT Baja ATZ and yes they are a little loud but you are driving a Jeep and Jeep's are suppose to sound cool running down the road. I have 18k miles on my 2011 and they are starting to cup. I am not sure why. I have taken them in the san here in central Florida and they seem to do ok. I really haven't taken them off-road yet. I have only had the Jeep since February and getting ready to deploy soon and going to school full time it is hard to make the time go wheeling. Heading to Jeep Beach this weekend and we are going to see how she performs on Saturday.

I have 35x12.5x17 nitto mud grapplers and absolutely love them. I will be sticking with these for awhile. They do hummmmmmmmm but it doesn't bother me :-D

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366878225.303066.jpg

How are these tires on slick roads from the rain?

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

For me they have been great. Ive used them in snow, rain, mud, ice, etc and they have done good in all. Im sure there are better tires but as far as all around I have been really happy. Im actually getting ready to do DTD and will be buying these same tires in 40's just from running them this winter.

aaronstephen

For me they have been great. Ive used them in snow, rain, mud, ice, etc and they have done good in all. Im sure there are better tires but as far as all around I have been really happy. Im actually getting ready to do DTD and will be buying these same tires in 40's just from running them this winter.

Good to hear.

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

So far great...if you want I can take a quick pic with a coin so you can see milage. Personally I thought it was going to be worse than they have been. Maybe I just set myself up for the worst haha.

Yea that would be great and post your mileage up too, I'd appreciate that. Thanks!

TheDuff

Duratracs are a great all around tire and yea, very quite:) they have a pretty aggressive tread pattern for a AT, fair amount of tread on the sidewall shoulder to help in the rocks and are supposed to do better in the snow than a lot of MTs. My sister in law has some on her 2012 sahara and they did better than I anticipated in moab: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6nhKnbcpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player only aired down to 15psi, no chunking, tears, punctures, and they all stayed on the bead. Ran some very rocky trails last weekend and took them down to 12psi, no issues. Obviously not the best rock crawling tires, but do well enough that I'm impressed:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Duratracs are a great all around tire and yea, very quite:) they have a pretty aggressive tread pattern for a AT, fair amount of tread on the sidewall shoulder to help in the rocks and are supposed to do better in the snow than a lot of MTs. My sister in law has some on her 2012 sahara and they did better than I anticipated in moab: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6nhKnbcpQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player only aired down to 15psi, no chunking, tears, punctures, and they all stayed on the bead. Ran some very rocky trails last weekend and took them down to 12psi, no issues. Obviously not the best rock crawling tires, but do well enough that I'm impressed:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn, great looking jeep! And nice video. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it

Top Bottom