Tj sliders help.

ob_tj

Why hold up until EVO comes up with one? There are several well built and proven on the market, are you stuck to the brand?

I think for some of us holding out to see what evo comes out with is actually seeing what they put out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why hold up until EVO comes up with one? There are several well built and proven on the market, are you stuck to the brand?

Not sure why you have to make this into a "brand" thing. While I totally agree with you that there are several well built and proven silders already available on the market today and ones that I've run on my old TJ, why not wait if you're willing? Who knows, maybe what they come out with will be better - maybe it won't. Either way, at least these guys will be able to make a decision at that time and one that they know they won't regret.

geberhard

Douchebag
I would then start by picking up the phone and calling EVO and check if they have a plan to offer a TJ slider and timeframe. I think a Jk type slider with the EVO designed step would be a cool product on a TJ, however am unsure it is worth the wait if it will hold someone back from wheeling. As mentiond there are great products out there that simply work realy well and are trail proven.

IMO sliders should be one of the first (if not the first) investment on a Jeep that will get wheeled. The TJ tub is really exposed and once slid on a rock they trash easily and ruin the tub, door alignment etc. Unless EVO has something cooking in teh near horizon why wait? rockers can be bought now for a few hundred bucks and will save a lot of hassle. When and IF Evo comes out with a TJ setup, an upgrade could be in order if worth the investment. My $02. cents is do not hold yourself back from enjoying your Jeep because you think a vendor is coming up with something....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would then start by picking up the phone and calling EVO and check if they have a plan to offer a TJ slider and timeframe. I think a Jk type slider with the EVO designed step would be a cool product on a TJ, however am unsure it is worth the wait if it will hold someone back from wheeling. As mentiond there are great products out there that simply work realy well and are trail proven.

IMO sliders should be one of the first (if not the first) investment on a Jeep that will get wheeled. The TJ tub is really exposed and once slid on a rock they trash easily and ruin the tub, door alignment etc. Unless EVO has something cooking in teh near horizon why wait? rockers can be bought now for a few hundred bucks and will save a lot of hassle. When and IF Evo comes out with a TJ setup, an upgrade could be in order if worth the investment. My $02. cents is do not hold yourself back from enjoying your Jeep because you think a vendor is coming up with something....

And that's YOU. As I said, IF these guys are "willing" to wait, I can't see what the harm is. Not like it's your Jeep that these things would be going on. But hey, that's just me.

ob_tj

Like you said an evo designed slider like they have out for the JK is why I am waiting. if they are the older boatsides that they had a couple years ago I will still be very happy. And not having sliders hasn't stopped me from enjoying my jeep. I've wheeled pretty hard without them and others would agree on that.

geberhard

Douchebag
True,, not my Jeep, but my opinion as the OP was asking for guidance as he already beat his Jeep up. I should have just posted keep on wheeling until a cool product comes out... I am predicting there will be major technological changes in design on future rockers, they have a jet propulsion that will push your rig away from the rocks, just wait a few more years, meanwhile, do not wheel or beat any longer your Jeep, they will be worth the wait ;)

We are talking rocker guards, not rocket guards :D Get some decent ones (they are made to protect your Jeep and be beat on), and go wheeling :) IMO fawk waiting for a vendor unless it is coming out next month, I wanna go wheeling now:bleh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like you said an evo designed slider like they have out for the JK is why I am waiting. if they are the older boatsides that they had a couple years ago I will still be very happy. And not having sliders hasn't stopped me from enjoying my jeep. I've wheeled pretty hard without them and others would agree on that.

You wheel bro? :crazyeyes: :D

I'm waiting for the DrDiesel ones to come out.

:cheesy: Now that's funny!

True,, not my Jeep, but my opinion as the OP was asking for guidance as he already beat his Jeep up.

Funny, I could have sworn that the OP was asking if "any TJ guys know of good sliders?" Didn't realize that was code for "asking for guidance" and to be given grief for not doing what you'd choose to do. Silly me.

I should have just posted keep on wheeling until a cool product comes out... I am predicting there will be major technological changes in design on future rockers, they have a jet propulsion that will push your rig away from the rocks, just wait a few more years, meanwhile, do not wheel or beat any longer your Jeep, they will be worth the wait ;)

We are talking rocker guards, not rocket guards :D Get some decent ones (they are made to protect your Jeep and be beat on), and go wheeling :) IMO fawk waiting for a vendor unless it is coming out next month, I wanna go wheeling now:bleh:

Honestly, I'm with ya and if it were me, I wouldn't wait as I really like some of the existing options available now and if something better really did come out, I'd probably just sell what I had and get the new ones. I just don't see any reason to have such a hard on for guys who have decided for themselves what they like and are willing to wait to see what a company they like may have to offer. But hey, that's just me. :yup:

ob_tj

You wheel bro? :crazyeyes: :D

:cheesy: Now that's funny!

Funny, I could have sworn that the OP was asking if "any TJ guys know of good sliders?" Didn't realize that was code for "asking for guidance" and to be given grief for not doing what you'd choose to do. Silly me.

Honestly, I'm with ya and if it were me, I wouldn't wait as I really like some of the existing options available now and if something better really did come out, I'd probably just sell what I had and get the new ones. I just don't see any reason to have such a hard on for guys who have decided for themselves what they like and are willing to wait to see what a company they like may have to offer. But hey, that's just me. :yup:

Yeah man wheeling hard at the mall! But in all seriousness I haven't wheeled in a month. Work is crazy!

tdans

I am a huge fan of rock slide engineering sliders! They look amazing and work awesome! I have seen them hold up to anything thrown at them! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469932952.797860.jpg

Trailbush

That's what I think I'm going to have to do. And hey everyone got a big kick out of how bent they were!

I bought the Detours Off Road drop-kick sliders. Family business, one man shop. Great service and the sliders are just as advertised. Bolt onto the frame in about 20 minutes per side, worked with my stock Rubicon rock rails, and work as a step so the wife can get in again after the lift and tires. Give 'em a look.

Trailbush

That's what I think I'm going to have to do. And hey everyone got a big kick out of how bent they were!

I bought the Detours Off Road drop-kick sliders. Family business, one man shop. Great service and the sliders are just as advertised. Bolt onto the frame in about 20 minutes per side, worked with my stock Rubicon rock rails, and work as a step so the wife can get in again after the lift and tires. Give 'em a look.

Top Bottom