To lock or not a D30

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So in order to physically run 37" or 40"s one needs to have prorock 44 front and back for something like the "JK Experience" with lockers and all trussed up in order to have lesser chance of breakage?

I might have to sell my Harley:naw::eek::crazyeyes::shock::mad:

View attachment 7862

NOT!!! I will save for better Axles and the like.

Donny

:cheesy: definitely NOT!! just save up and replace when you can afford it. :yup:

so that it's clear, i would recommend a prorock 44 up front if you plan on running 37's. the factory rear 44 can hold out okay but a semi-float prorock 60 would be beneficial to have. if you plan on running 40's, i would say a prorock 60 up front is a must as would be a full-float rear as well. but, that's just me.

Donny

:cheesy: definitely NOT!! just save up and replace when you can afford it. :yup:

so that it's clear, i would recommend a prorock 44 up front if you plan on running 37's. the factory rear 44 can hold out okay but a semi-float prorock 60 would be beneficial to have. if you plan on running 40's, i would say a prorock 60 up front is a must as would be a full-float rear as well. but, that's just me.

Hmmm...I now have the wife's approval to budget 8200.00 at the end of March...( all of your videos and a few trips out to Sedona Helped A LOT)

Now how to spend it? :) starting from pure stock.... I still think to get the best bang for my buck I should run 35's on my D30 gussetttted and get a better lift than the 2.5BB but now I need to start comparing lifts and all...

Donny

FoxC

Hmmm...I now have the wife's approval to budget 8200.00 at the end of March...( all of your videos and a few trips out to Sedona Helped A LOT)

Now how to spend it? :) starting from pure stock.... I still think to get the best bang for my buck I should run 35's on my D30 gussetttted and get a better lift than the 2.5BB but now I need to start comparing lifts and all...

Donny
Take a look at the Enforcer lift from EVO. It's offered in 3 or 4" inch coils. The 3" coils would be perfect with 35's. Pair this lift with bilstein 5100's for a lower cost or King shocks if budget allows.
www.offroadevolution.com
Great lift on and off road. Also very easy to install.:rock:

1BAMFR

Take a look at the Enforcer lift from EVO. It's offered in 3 or 4" inch coils. The 3" coils would be perfect with 35's. Pair this lift with bilstein 5100's for a lower cost or King shocks if budget allows.
www.offroadevolution.com
Great lift on and off road. Also very easy to install.:rock:

I was just checking that same kit out...4" best for 37's?

Do you run this kit? If so...any pics?

MTG

Caught the Bug
1BAMFR said:
I was just checking that same kit out...4" best for 37's?

Do you run this kit? If so...any pics?

Hey 1BAMFR,

FoxC runs the enforcer and so do I. To avoid a thread-jack check out his build (something like goodbye AEV hello EVO) or mine. Or just PM me any questions you have. I've had the lift for about 16,000 miles.

1BAMFR

Hey 1BAMFR,

FoxC runs the enforcer and so do I. To avoid a thread-jack check out his build (something like goodbye AEV hello EVO) or mine. Or just PM me any questions you have. I've had the lift for about 16,000 miles.

Thanks...im going onto that thread!

RDE2ROK

I ran a built D30 for a couple of years in Az ,Hard Rock Crawling and didn't have a problem until I went up to 37s!:doh: ARB,RCVs,5:13s,EVO S/G,PP ball joints and BENT THE HOUSING! The only thing I could have done was to truss the housing. That being said ,it's way too much money to put into a D30. The only reason I did is it had the ARBs and gears in it when I bought it. But it lasted a couple of years so Dynatracs D60s are in the works!:clap2:And I wouldn't waste the money on a stock D44, like it was said they have the same housing as the 30.:icon_crazy:

Donny

RDE2ROK,

Thanks:sigh: I reallllllly hate when logic and common sense beat my wants down.

Donny

Metalmasher

Donny said:

Donny

I think Tera flex builds a good lift also! Take your time enjoy building jeep as you go, heck for me it's half of the fun!

Top Bottom