To much power?

FeltsYouUp

I'd love to watch those buggies in action, but maybe not when there are so many loose boulders flying through the air...:shock:

silverbackjk

Hmmmm....what high school did you go to? I used to run an s-10 with a blower in high school...lol It was slammed with some American racing wheels, roll pan, billet grill, gauge cluster, tonneau cover, etc.

Haha I grew up in the east coats.

rtguy1

I love the buggy and the power it throws out, but I'd expect to see that on a track somewhere. Somewhere a little more controlled. It reminds me of what you see when watching hill climb races in Iceland. But people were jumping out of the way, he was knocking down trees (even if small), and at one point hit a parked ATV, I'm just wondering when someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed for no other reason than the rig and driver are way out of control.

Uh oh. U r right....we should pass a new law banning this type of recklessness before these willing participants and spectators hurt themselves. We need to be protected from ourselves:naw:

Guess u haven't seen any of the Baja races........

Uh oh. U r right....we should pass a new law banning this type of recklessness before these willing participants and spectators hurt themselves. We need to be protected from ourselves:naw:

Guess u haven't seen any of the Baja races........

well lets not get all crazy! :eek: i just said he was a tool, not that he should be jailed for it. :D i couldnt actually care less for the drivers safety or the dumbdumbs watching either. stupidity generally has a way of working itself out... and i love this stiff in the desert where sh*t is already dead and or dying. but this is in no comparison to desert or baja racing, not even close. this guy has no control and no skill, just hp.

andrew -

rtguy1

well lets not get all crazy! :eek: i just said he was a tool, not that he should be jailed for it. :D i couldnt actually care less for the drivers safety or the dumbdumbs watching either. stupidity generally has a way of working itself out... and i love this stiff in the desert where sh*t is already dead and or dying. but this is in no comparison to desert or baja racing, not even close. this guy has no control and no skill, just hp.

andrew -

I didn't reference your post......but

I wasn't clear on my Baja statement. The similarity I speak of is the spectators being right there and often times running/jumping out of the way. They stand within feet of the passing vehicles, and often times right on the trail.

I think u guys may be under estimating the difficulty in going full bore with 1000hp hopping all over and keeping these going up the trail. I think there is a bit more skill than most think. Lots of things look easy, but when you do it you come to realize its not. How come i don't have any friends with cool trails like these on their property:thinking:

rtguy1

:thumb:i know. im just having fun...not trying to be all serious and bust balls or anything. just the post i quoted was a bit too "big brother" for me....like someone needs to regulate this madness before someone gets hurt :cheesy:
kinda funny...like the poor atv getting bumped. should have read "what an asshat for parking his 4wheeler just yards off of a crazy obstacle they plan on using 1000hp rigs bouncing through the freakin air to cross....too bad it didnt get flattened grave digger style." :thankyou:

regardless of how he drives, he and his brothers build some pretty incredible rigs. all around great vision to build a buggy like that. to not be snapping drive shafts left and right the way they all drive their rigs is pretty damn amazing

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Here's TC "crawling" the buggy, sort of, and then using the on/off switch to get the air these buggies are built for. IMHO it takes some skill to do this and put on the show.:twocents:again.

FoxC

I'll agree...there is definitely some skill in driving a route like that and I am way jealous of that sound and power. Not my thing with all the throttle, but then again my rig couldn't take a quarter of that power.:sigh: It would be nice to put your foot into that much grunt every now and then though!:yup:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I dont think anyone was saying that this whole class is dumb. That one particular driver was just going nuts and not using skill. Just mashin and goin! Ive watched the Tanner family vids and sometimes they have to hammer it, but they know when their line sucked, let off and tried it again. This dude was just goin crazy..lol

Paratroopers stay up longer!

1yellowjk

Saying he has no skill is like saying quarter mile racing requires no skill. These events are a blast to attend and watch. I compare it to watching rally cars and depending on where you watch it from your level of excitment can go up or down.

And for the people who made comments about "crawling" thats not what this activity is, apples and oranges folks.

I dig it!

Top Bottom