To PR44 or save up for PR60

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm waiting to see what Eddie has to say about rubicat after jkx13. Rubicat is basically the way I'm looking to gear my rig!

Not sure I wanna drop the money for pr 60. And if a pr 44 could run a set of 40's if I'm carefull with the skinny pedal then I'd rather go that route lol

For me personally, I wouldn't run 40's on a PR44. I will break it for sure and, contrary to what so many like to believe, there's a lot more that breaks axles than just being too heavy with the skinny pedal.

I thought that Eddie was running 37's for the JKX?

I was and, at this point and time, will most likely stay that way for a while now.

You could probably get away with it if you wanted too but I wouldn't recommend it. We are running a PR44 on 37's with 5.13's and its awesome. A couple things to worry about...what are you running for gears on 40's? I wouldn't go any bigger than 5.13's in a 44, just too weak. Also what axle you running in the rear? We are already looking at some changes due to the "abuse or work" it's getting with 37's on our rubicon 44 rear. I couldn't imagine 40's. Now I'm not saying it can't be done but based on my experience with both PR44 with 37's and PR60 with 40's if you're looking at 40's go 60's. This is all my opinion so take it as you would like :thumb:

Yup, I'd have to agree here. Of course, a lot of this is based on the kind of wheeling and terrain we have out here in the west. Guys back east can get away with less because what they wheel on is a lot different and there simply isn't as much of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well in reality 37"s are probably gonna be what I run (40's maybe one day, just to say I ran em) I don't get to see to many trails a year, maybe 4 or 5 once my schedule clears up.

Running 40's on a PR44 will not mean that it'll instantaneously self-destruct. Depending on the trails you run and being that it'll only be 4-5 times a year, you could very well make it last a long time. Of course, you're talking to a guy who's been able to break a 60.

I heard that D60 runs rough as a daily driver because the pumpkin's tight profile holds less fluid and runs hot.:hot:

That's a new one to me. :idontknow:

Whats the price difference of a pr44 vs a pr60

More than twice the cost.

bl17z90

Whats the price difference of a pr44 vs a pr60

Based on the "looking into" that I have done on the price of a PR44 it would cost around $6,500ish for a fully built one but a PR60 up front is going to cost you well over 10 grand. :broke:

Last edited:

turbineguy

Based on the "looking into" that I have done on the price of a PR44 it would cost around $6,500ish for a fully built one but a PR60 up front is going to cost you well over 10 grand. :broke:

PR44 is 5k with an ARB, 35 spline RCVs, and Dtnatrac Ball Joints. I bought one last week.

Top Bottom