To skid or not to skid..

I have a Poison spyder evap skid and run a Dynomax Muffler that dumps right after. I had to get a strap bracket and clamp from the auto store but it works fine. I will try to get pictures tonight.

I was ultra paranoid about wheeling without this skid due to all the interweb chatter I read. After two years (one at stock height) of us being on the trail 2-3 weeks a month; there isn't even a scratch on this skid....

As Eddie mentioned, and if I knew what I know now... I would just relocate it (if even that).

maxcustody

I have Poison Spyder, heavy duty and easy install. However, maybe not for your application????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAGS

Hooked
I went with the ps skid. $99 shipped to my door. Better protection and and less bulky than stock. Pretty easy install. Sounds like it works with dyno exhaust too.

- Jason

Mikead40

So I just installed the rugged ridge one yesterday (had an old amazon gift card layin around...) $98, shipped free. Easy install - and my mechanical skills/knowledge are on par with your average 2 year old. Seems fairly solidly built for what that's worth. Easily clears my dynomax rock crawler exhaust and stock rear drive shaft. It didn't look like I'd ever hit the stock cover, so I'm not sure if I'll ever end up getting value out of it...and even then. But anyway, it's another option, seemingly solidly build, with an easy install (don't need to remove hoses etc).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Built, not bought! Yup, I like it, lol.

LOL!! I had no choice really. If I could have bought something that would work with the DTD, I would have :D

Fortunately, making one was pretty simple. I just used the factory mount, bolted on some bar stock to it and then bolted the whole thing to the upper spring perches. Works great and was cheap and easy to make. :yup:

LOL!! I had no choice really. If I could have bought something that would work with the DTD, I would have :D

Fortunately, making one was pretty simple. I just used the factory mount, bolted on some bar stock to it and then bolted the whole thing to the upper spring perches. Works great and was cheap and easy to make. :yup:

Can you snap a pic, Eddie? You know how it goes, I won't be on the bolt-on coilovers too long before I start eyeballing the DTD.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I think we are going to have to put you on Jeep Mod Probation :doh: Next thing you know we will see your motor in the for sale forum to fund your V8 Swap :cheesy: :bleh:

No way, a Cummins 4BT...

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom