Torque specs on these two bolts ..

Dopey84

And I only pay a deductible of 100 plus any none covered parts like lubricants everything else should be covered

Dopey84

So all my tires were out of balance However it still has the death wobble. Just dropped it off at the dealership so we will see what they say is wrong

Dopey84

Dealership just called and said that the steering shock was blown and that they could easily move it in and out with no resistance and that was the only problem they found to resolve my issue.. Everything I've read says this will mask the problem but make it seem fixed kinda frustrated right now. Also he noted my lift that I have the springs are week as it is causing my jeep to lean to the right. I than told him that it was a leveling kit and that the springs are new. They are the Evo plush ride springs. And were installed correctly. And it has always had a lean to the right since I've owned it smh... Hate dealerships

Its because you are squeezing the two ends together so there is linear force along with the radial force. At least that's what the Airplane mechanics tell me.

WJCO

Meme King
Dealership just called and said that the steering shock was blown and that they could easily move it in and out with no resistance and that was the only problem they found to resolve my issue.. Everything I've read says this will mask the problem but make it seem fixed kinda frustrated right now. Also he noted my lift that I have the springs are week as it is causing my jeep to lean to the right. I than told him that it was a leveling kit and that the springs are new. They are the Evo plush ride springs. And were installed correctly. And it has always had a lean to the right since I've owned it smh... Hate dealerships

Steering shock won't fix it, but hey if they give you a free one, cool. It is fairly common for the vehicle to be 3/4" higher or so on the driver's side.

Dopey84

Yeah I wish they were gonna give me a free one this is literally one part that is not covered due to "wear n tear" so I told them I'll replace that myself since they wanna charge me 325 for labor and the stabilizer. Hey also said that I needed a driveline maintenance done I told him that can wait to as I just did one 1500 miles ago. So I'll be getting my jeep back tomorrow and will just figure it out step by step

Dopey84

Either way I have to get this fixed its my dd and with less than 3 months to go till my son is born it's gotta get done... Ugh if the weather was just a little better I'd be a lot more happy bout having to do the work

WJCO

Meme King
Either way I have to get this fixed its my dd and with less than 3 months to go till my son is born it's gotta get done... Ugh if the weather was just a little better I'd be a lot more happy bout having to do the work

I just watched both the videos. Sorry I must have missed those yesterday. In the first video, the lower track bar bushing was moving. In the 2nd video it wasn't. Did you tighten it? If not, check that again and make sure hole isn't wollowed out. Also, I suggest checking your caster angle.

Ok so again with vehicle lifted I checked all ball joints for play and aside from the typical forward and reverse rock that you get with the ball joints it's all tight.

What do you mean by 'typical' rock? Never heard of that. Also, did you check your wheel bearings for play while it was lifted up?

Dopey84

The typical movement you get from the ball joints is what I was referring to.. And as far as the track bar bushings go I didn't check to see if it was wallowed out just checked the torque on it and there was no wheel movement when I checked the wheel bearings in any direction

WJCO

Meme King

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The typical movement you get from the ball joints is what I was referring to.. And as far as the track bar bushings go I didn't check to see if it was wallowed out just checked the torque on it and there was no wheel movement when I checked the wheel bearings in any direction

Typical movement in ball joints? My ball joints don't move. Movement in the ball joint is not normal or good.

WJCO

Meme King
The typical movement you get from the ball joints is what I was referring to.

Jeep may have an allowable specification of movement but it will be very small and will need to be measured with a dial indicator. An example would be like .025 or .060. So I would take another look. Also, if there is an allowable spec, it would be vertical movement up and down as the joint wears. Any side to side play in the joint means it needs replacement.

Dopey84

Ok so the typical movement I'm referring to is when you grab the tie rod or drag link and you have the pivotal motion front to back. There is zero play side to side or up and down.

Dopey84

That has nothing to do with ball joints.

Ok I'm just trying to eliminate all possible problems and making sure my ball joints were good there wasn't any movement from the ball joint at all or from the wheel bearings and all universal joints are good the only thing I've noticed leading up to this is a leak from my steering stabilizer that left two big oil like puddles in my driveway. But everything else's seems good bushings, bearings, tie rod ends track bar all are at torque and in good condition

Top Bottom