Track bar bushing going bad?

ironworker

Ya mine moved that much too. I pressed out the old track bar bushings put new ones in I have no more shimmy and I put 12 oz of beads in all 4 tires .

I hate death wobble

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

It seems it’s just bad balancing, I’ve had it happen before just not as bad. I’ll get it done again, hopefully 3rd time is the charm.

It almost seems like it would have to be tires or track bar, I think everything else is replaced. I have 2 factory track bars laying around from installing adjustable ones for people if you need one let me know I can send it over. They are 2012+ with the bushings that rotate tho

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
It almost seems like it would have to be tires or track bar, I think everything else is replaced. I have 2 factory track bars laying around from installing adjustable ones for people if you need one let me know I can send it over. They are 2012+ with the bushings that rotate tho

Thanks, ill keep that in mind. I’ll try the balancing again tomorrow and go from there.

Maineiac

If it didn't start happening until right after your rotation and balance, my money lies in balance issue and not "equipment" related. Tell the kid balancing to stop texting his girlfriend and get it done right [emoji14]

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Hope you get it fixed. I know how annoying it can be, went through the same thing a while back.

JKbrick

If it didn't start happening until right after your rotation and balance, my money lies in balance issue and not "equipment" related. Tell the kid balancing to stop texting his girlfriend and get it done right [emoji14]

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol! I hear the texting at work thing. Really you think after they’ve been making tires for 100 years they could come up with a way to make a tire that didn’t need balanced

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Got it all taken care of, I went to a different Discount tire location. They said that the tires were of quite a bit, guy also mentioned that it’s a bitch to place the tire in the machine correctly to get accurate reading. Discount tire that’s close to me tried to balance them out 2 times with very poor results. This location got it right on the 1st try, looks like I’ll stick with them from now on.

Thanks for all the responses guys and sorry for a dumb question lol, I should have known better.... [emoji849]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got it all taken care of, I went to a different Discount tire location. They said that the tires were of quite a bit, guy also mentioned that it’s a bitch to place the tire in the machine correctly to get accurate reading. Discount tire that’s close to me tried to balance them out 2 times with very poor results. This location got it right on the 1st try, looks like I’ll stick with them from now on.

Thanks for all the responses guys and sorry for a dumb question lol, I should have known better.... [emoji849]

Awesome!! Glad to hear it :thumb:

wjtstudios

Hooked

The good thing is that you’ve got a shop that did it right. Just take it there if is not to much trouble from now on. I have two guys at my Discount tire that can work on my Jeep. I always call first and If neither one of those guys are there that day, I wait. Awesome that you got it working! Merry Christmas!

JKbrick

Nice, I’m glad that’s all it was.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom