Trail Jeeps build

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Anytime. I am anxious to see what your rig will look like complete. I look forward to meeting you soon. I think you met my good little buddy Russ.

LOL......Yes I did meet Russ as well as Dave Roberts at Jeep Beach.......good guys :thumb:.....I hope I didn't talk their ears off asking a ton of questions about their rigs.....both gave me some solid advice about the DTD......some what to dos and donts and some really good JKX stories......Mel actually walked up while we were talking......I didn't recognize him LOL......He looks totally different in a good way...........Well I'm now in DFW awaiting my flight home.......:rock:

~Woodrow~

You made the list because you've contributed to this forum and shared your knowledge whether direct or indirect over the last 3 years.......and I've met you personally so that's even more of a reason :thumb:

~Woodrow~

Thanks Woody. Looking forward to seeing you here in Texas.

RDE2ROK

Congrats on the build! I know the feeling. I'm going through the same thing just a different build (2dr stretch) but I saved 2.5 years, and it's a hard thing to do.We are doing a lot of the same products. I can't wait to see your finished jeep!:beer::rock:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wes and Tim will be documenting the build with pictures of the progress.......I believe the build is scheduled to begin on this Monday the 11th and be completed by the 1st week of June barring any setbacks......

~Woodrow~

Did you go with the 6.4L hemi?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Did you go with the 6.4L hemi?

I did not.......I'm going to stick with the 3.6 until it takes a shit and then upgrade to an LS.......I'm not a heavy foot driver to begin with and I've talked with a few 60/60 combo stock motor 3.6 rig owners who have been satisfied with the power the 3.6 supplies.......We shall see if that's the case.......I'll start saving for an LS upgrade and maybe in 3 years I'll be able to upgrade to an LS....

~Woodrow~

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I did not.......I'm going to stick with the 3.6 until it takes a shit and then upgrade to an LS.......I'm not a heavy foot driver to begin with and I've talked with a few 60/60 combo stock motor 3.6 rig owners who have been satisfied with the power the 3.6 supplies.......We shall see if that's the case.......I'll start saving for an LS upgrade and maybe in 3 years I'll be able to upgrade to an LS....

~Woodrow~

Just don't drive a jeep with an LS or hemi and you'll be good. I've driven/rode in both and it's not good for the wallet.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Just don't drive a jeep with an LS or hemi and you'll be good. I've driven/rode in both and it's not good for the wallet.

LOL.........Understood........TJ had a 6.4 Hemi JKU in their shop when I was there......they started it up and pulled it out of the bay........impressive:thumb:.....that's really the only word I could use to describe it :rock:

~Woodrow~

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Well the transformation has finally started.....axles are in and the EVO parts ship out to TJ today so they should be in by Friday or the beginning of next week.......more to come

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
That's awesome :thumb:......Wes said he'd be putting pics up as the build progresses........this is the first of many I hope.......can't wait to get my rig back driving my Ford Explorer just isn't the same :grayno:

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom