Transmission has died for the second time!

TheDuff

Why have the dealer install the new trans? Take it to a real shop! I don't think the dealership is capable of doing a trans or engine swap correctly... find a shop that will back up their labor:beer:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jelliott076

Why have the dealer install the new trans? Take it to a real shop! I don't think the dealership is capable of doing a trans or engine swap correctly... find a shop that will back up their labor:beer:

I would brother, but the only shops with in the rang of my AAA are stealerships. I may try for EVO but I think I'm still looking at about $500 to get it there. I'm pinching pinché pennies at this point.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would brother, but the only shops with in the rang of my AAA are stealerships. I may try for EVO but I think I'm still looking at about $500 to get it there. I'm pinching pinché pennies at this point.

Where is your jeep?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Victorville Motors. I have three more days (7day required wait time after upgrading my AAA) before I get the 100mile tow which may get her to EVO. I'd rather pay Mel's crew to do it.

I have AAA premier and it has the max tow miles. If you want it delivered somewhere down in San Diego let me know and I can show up with my card.

jelliott076

I have AAA premier and it has the max tow miles. If you want it delivered somewhere down in San Diego let me know and I can show up with my card.

That's an awesome offer brother! If anything I'd want to get it to EVO. The main factor is what they'd charge for labor. Victorville is going to hit me for $1100 flat. If EVO is close I'll take it there. There tranny won't ship for a few days, so I have time to decide.

Sudz

I always cringe when I read threads like this.

It seems shade tree mechanics are getting farther and fewer between. Much $$$ to be saved and experienced gained by doing it yourself.

my :twocents:

hope things work out for 'ya..

TheDuff

I would just hate to see you feed the stealership money and have your new trans fail due to their poor quality of work... or they mess something else up in the process and you already know they won't stand behind their work:(
If you can get it to evo that would be awesome, at least you would have piece of mind on the labor:thumbup:

jelliott076

I always cringe when I read threads like this.

It seems shade tree mechanics are getting farther and fewer between. Much $$$ to be saved and experienced gained by doing it yourself.

my :twocents:

hope things work out for 'ya..

Believe me I would. The last tranny I worked on was in1994 on a '68 Impala. It was easy enough, but this is way to important and I don't have the gear or time to do it right.

I would just hate to see you feed the stealership money and have your new trans fail due to their poor quality of work... or they mess something else up in the process and you already know they won't stand behind their work:(
If you can get it to evo that would be awesome, at least you would have piece of mind on the labor:thumbup:

Spoke with Drew over there, aweseome guy! Its not the type of job they usually do, but he said they were more than capable of it. He strongly suggested going another route and finding someone close that I trust...hmm? Not Perry Chrysler that's for damned sure! Having Drew do it would give me the exuse to do the bumper

ttfhell

Believe me I would. The last tranny I worked on was in1994 on a '68 Impala. It was easy enough, but this is way to important and I don't have the gear or time to do it right.

I thought the last "Tranny" you worked on was in Bangkok....2010...

Snsrubicon

Tranny

How long have they had your jeep, you need to make sure your tech is a actual service tech. Power had my jeep for 51 days on a overheating issue. Super long story ,,,,called a lemon law attorney he call Chrysler and they gave me 10k for my inconvenience. Make sure you write everything down keep great records, it's tuff to stay cal but don't give them a reason to screw you.

Top Bottom