Trektop in Carwash

JKBlackie

I just installed a Trektop NX and absolutely love it. My question is can I take this through a carwash? Has anyone had any problems with leaking or messing with the Trektop? I just want to make sure before I mess something up. Thanks!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wish I could help here, but when I do wash the Jeep I do it myself. The top does leak a bit usually near the rear windows where they meet up with the back doors. Just a bit of dripping inside probably due to my poor spraying techniques :grayno:

I just installed a Trektop NX and absolutely love it. My question is can I take this through a carwash? Has anyone had any problems with leaking or messing with the Trektop? I just want to make sure before I mess something up. Thanks!

I've had mine in a carwash, didn't seem to be an issue. I'm thinking the windows (scratches) would be more of an issue than the fabric itself.

StrizzyChris

Wish I could help here, but when I do wash the Jeep I do it myself. The top does leak a bit usually near the rear windows where they meet up with the back doors. Just a bit of dripping inside probably due to my poor spraying techniques :grayno:

x2... I use the high pressure self car wash bays and I do get dripping in the back, but not a lot of intrusion. I would never take mine through the carwash though.

JKBlackie

I've had mine in a carwash, didn't seem to be an issue. I'm thinking the windows (scratches) would be more of an issue than the fabric itself.

Oh yeah. I didn't think about scratching the windows. Good call.

x2... I use the high pressure self car wash bays and I do get dripping in the back, but not a lot of intrusion. I would never take mine through the carwash though.

I almost always was it myself too. The dealership I got it from will do a free was for me though so sometimes when I'm in a rush I'll take advantage of that! I'll probably just stick to me washing it. They don't care for it like I do 😁

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i dont have a trektop but i would never take my soft top thru a car wash. just my :twocents: i will use my pressure washer at home for the big stuff then hand wash :yup:

CZEBJKU

I have run mine through an automatic brushless car wash with no leaks and no other problems. I don't plan on doing it often but in a pinch it will do.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I would steer clear of an automatic car wash unless it's a touchless one. Having said that, you'll most likely see some leaks due to the fact that water will be sprayed on in all kinds of different angles - not like rain which for the most part falls straight down or there abouts.

JKWrang

I have had my jeep, soft top and all through a touchless wash (dealer freebie!) With no issues. However, I still prefer to wash it by hand given that it gets so dirty and auto washes are notorious for failing to clean an already clean car nvm a dirty Jeep!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKBlackie

i dont have a trektop but i would never take my soft top thru a car wash. just my :twocents: i will use my pressure washer at home for the big stuff then hand wash :yup:

Yeah it doesn't seem like the smartest option now that I think about it. Haha thanks for the input, Coz! I'll stick to hand washing it!

JKFlyer

Ditto this. Exact spot. Only BC water naturally drips down there but when spraying hose up there, water finds way in

I always wash myself

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom