Truck-Lite Old Style vs. New LED Headlight Test & Review

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup! :thumb: I really like the look of the old style but I couldn't find them anywhere. I like the new style now that its in though and the black headlight really matches the rest of the Jeep.

Yeah, I really love the look of the old style too but, the new ones really do put out better and brighter light.

rtguy1

Are you guys running the full wiring harness that powers them directly from the battery to bypass the pwm system? I have heard these things don't work right unless u use a full harness, but they are selling these harness for like $160

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are you guys running the full wiring harness that powers them directly from the battery to bypass the pwm system? I have heard these things don't work right unless u use a full harness, but they are selling these harness for like $160

Nope just the regular harness to plug into the existing headlight harness. That one is to "prevent" the "flicker" but I don't see a reason for it as I only notice the slight flicker if I am waiting for my garage to open up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nope just the regular harness to plug into the existing headlight harness. That one is to "prevent" the "flicker" but I don't see a reason for it as I only notice the slight flicker if I am waiting for my garage to open up.

Agreed. I don't see the flicker unless I'm pulling into the garage and look at the light from the side of my eyes. IMHO, there is no need for the upgraded harness to prevent it.

rtguy1

Ok. I have been considering other options because of this. I figured with the harness we r up to $560. You can get biXenon for that much

Top Bottom