True cost to join the JK-X?

Mikes Offroad

The cost to attend is expensive but worth every penny (Canadian penny). Not counting the Jeep build up my cost was just over 8 grand. This included fuel, time off from work and any small incidentals that came around. My total travel distance round trip was just under 12000 km so you can see where lots of the fuel money went.

DKronk42

Ide love to see the jkx come to the east coast, and not just because it would be cheaper for me to attend haha. I would love to see the difference in style in action!

Fragsrus

The problem is the east coast doesn't have any real mountains! Haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hack12

I feel like the money aspect would be a very subjective aspect of the JKX. Whether you're someone who has enough expendable cash to throw at this event on a yearly basis, or you're someone who saves up for a couple years to be able to afford a once in a lifetime trip, what does it matter?

However, it takes a special kind of douchebag to back out after being chosen and getting free shit. Especially sucky for all the people who signed up and didn't get chosen.

Hightower

The cost to attend is expensive but worth every penny (Canadian penny). Not counting the Jeep build up my cost was just over 8 grand. This included fuel, time off from work and any small incidentals that came around. My total travel distance round trip was just under 12000 km so you can see where lots of the fuel money went.

Mike Canada doesn't make pennies anymore..:cheesy::cheesy:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I feel like the money aspect would be a very subjective aspect of the JKX. Whether you're someone who has enough expendable cash to throw at this event on a yearly basis, or you're someone who saves up for a couple years to be able to afford a once in a lifetime trip, what does it matter?

However, it takes a special kind of douchebag to back out after being chosen and getting free shit. Especially sucky for all the people who signed up and didn't get chosen.

Great post. Plus I would expect no more free tires which would really suck for someone really deserving of them! Maybe the last item on their build...

Hack12

Great post. Plus I would expect no more free tires which would really suck for someone really deserving of them! Maybe the last item on their build...

Wow! I didn't know the free stuff included tires! And here I thought he was a douchebag when I assumed we were talking about decals and t-shirts!

Hightower

Hypothetically, how much would it cost to take a stock Rubicon and gear it up to be ready for a JK-Experience trip? I'm talking everything from the build-up of the Jeep itself, as well as all the required extra gear, parts, etc. Could it be done with $15k into the Jeep? Another $5k for all the additional gear, tools, parts etc? Another $2.5k for travel expenses like hotel, gas, food, etc? I would love, someday, to be able to sign-up for a run (and cross my fingers to be chosen) and was just trying to guestimate what it would take to get there. I am sure most of you have thought about this at one point or another.

The cost could be hard to nail down. There are far to many options to choose to be able to get a true cost.

Serg5000 nailed it "There are far to many options to choose to be able to get a true cost." I put in a supercharger when I was invited cost me $6000+ and gave me nothing but grief.
Travel cost are mostly up front but I don't remember it being much $$ of course dependent on where and how far you travel to get there.
I think (and of course this is total dependent on where and what you do) you need
Good suspension
37” tires
Roll cage
CB
1350 driveline
Bead locks wheels
Sliders
Lockers
And a small amount of spare parts spare parts (I went way overboard)
Fluids
Brake line
Little stuff, add up the cost of all that and that's the cost. :)
Anything big you break I suspect you’ll be able to line it up at the next stop.
And don’t forget a good set of tools and a great co driver you are going to spend a lot of time stressing on "how the blank are we going to do that" time together. :eek: one of the best times of my life :rock: be prepared for many new friends in your life and good luck brother if you apply. :thumb:

Last edited:

Hightower

Truth. Unlike the hopelessly nostalgic US population, Canadians knows when to let go of worthless endeavors.:twocents::twocents:

I think the real reason is prices :shock: are so much higher :grayno: in Canada compared to our brother and sister to the south we don’t need it but they still do.. lol :cheesy::cheesy:

Hightower

I would say yes. That fucktard from Wisconsin backed out at the last minute after getting free shit and I would bet it was because he couldn't afford it. He probably found out the location and realized how much it would cost and that it would be harder then his local trip to the mall.

If you do get selected do be like that fucker.

I cant believe some buddy backed out in the first place but if you have to keep a shirt shit happens tires = :asshat: for sure.

Hack12

I think the real reason is prices :shock: are so much higher :grayno: in Canada compared to our brother and sister to the south we don’t need it but they still do.. lol :cheesy::cheesy:

A thousand pennies is ten dollars. A thousand! They'll always be worthless in my eyes. Pennies are not accepted by most vending machines and toll booths, and are generally not accepted in bulk anywhere. Pennies often end up sitting in jars or are thrown away and are not in circulation.

Economist Greg Mankiw says that, "The purpose of the monetary system is to facilitate exchange, but the penny no longer serves that purpose."

Hightower

A thousand pennies is ten dollars. A thousand! They'll always be worthless in my eyes. Pennies are not accepted by most vending machines and toll booths, and are generally not accepted in bulk anywhere. Pennies often end up sitting in jars or are thrown away and are not in circulation.

Economist Greg Mankiw says that, "The purpose of the monetary system is to facilitate exchange, but the penny no longer serves that purpose."

But are a perfect way to pay all taxes, fines and levies. Think of what it would cost Uncle Sam or the Queen if we all paid our fines in pennies…:cheesy::cheesy:

eeftw

In my case it would be a set of brass balls... I'm still on the bunny slopes in my jeep. :naw:

However, where I live its pretty flat so I don't get to go on that many hills.

Top Bottom