Trump paying for Jeep mods?

jesse3638

Hooked
You can’t time the market. If the fluctuations make you nervous, then your asset allocation is to heavy in equities and you should change it. Not you specifically just “you” in general.

But I hear ya’ got to believe this run will come to an end soon. Fortunately or unfortunately I’m probably 8-12 years out as well. And a lot can happen in that amount of time!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was given advice a long time ago. "You only lose money when you sell" In 07-08 I lost my ass as I'm invested very aggressively but left my allocations alone (bought cheap) and when things rebounded I gained all my losses and then some. I'm not nervous as I'll be eligible for retirement in 10 years but I could never retire that early so I'm easily 18-20 out..haha.

JAGS

Hooked
I gave up buying individual stocks years ago. Just a simple index fund guy now. And no, I don’t own bitcoin either. ;)

All my "retirement" investments are in funds ATM. I honestly don't even bother looking at them too much. They go up, they go down, they go up. This year has been stupid and the "sell" is only a matter of time. 10 yr cycles aren't called that for a reason.

I have a fairly small amount of $$ I call my play money that is in a few individual stocks. I bought a little Apple back before the first iPhone came out. What little I put in has treated me well over the years.

Tax refunds I usually just put toward insurance coverages. If still anything left in slush acct, I take the family on a nice vacation. No Jeep parts.

I wish I had bitcoin. That'd be a nice nest egg. [emoji15]

MTG

Caught the Bug
You can get your ass handed to you with index funds, too. See 2008.

LOL! Depends on the index fund I suppose, but yeah, not a whole lot you can do with a global financial meltdown. Except buy, buy, buy!

Though I was tempted to buy AutoZone stock in 2008. Turned out it would have been a solid investment. But again, not in my plan.

metalic

Lol! I actually need a guy, just had a guy quit and go to the county to be a Plumbing inspector, it’s unbelievable how hard it is to find someone who wants to work in the trades that actually wants to work and not just collect a check!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Be happy you're not next door in this great state of Illinois. People move here to collect a check for not working. The residents that want go work head your way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
The comments in this thread are just awesome. Some very fine people on both sides, both sides. Good call MTG. [emoji23][emoji23]

Top Bottom