Tube bumper d ring mounts

Ddays

Hooked
Deliverance was filmed down in your neck of the woods, wasn't it boy?
You're 63 now so hmmm, yep, could be you!

boy.jpg

Hillbilly

Getting back to my original post if the damn chains and bolts break then I’ll weld on some other mounts you see aftermarket companies love to get your money for the poison spider and other fancy big name stuff tube bumpers have always gotten a bad rap guess they always will I don’t care
Nobody’s gonna be close enough to get killed if they do break you don’t yank in recovery you apply tension to begin the pull and you aren’t suppose to be that close it was just an idea I had maybe never have to use them I usually find some good lines . Anyway
My pissed off bad language replies are over. This forum suppose to be for information to help each other out I respect everybody opinion and don’t call me out just because of a username
Everybody entitled to there view.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Getting back to my original post if the damn chains and bolts break then I’ll weld on some other mounts you see aftermarket companies love to get your money for the poison spider and other fancy big name stuff tube bumpers have always gotten a bad rap guess they always will I don’t care
Nobody’s gonna be close enough to get killed if they do break you don’t yank in recovery you apply tension to begin the pull and you aren’t suppose to be that close it was just an idea I had maybe never have to use them I usually find some good lines . Anyway
My pissed off bad language replies are over. This forum suppose to be for information to help each other out I respect everybody opinion and don’t call me out just because of a username

They get your money because it’s good products. I would be terrified to see your welding especially if you’re going to try to weld to that tube bumper.

We didn’t call you out because of a username, we called you out because you’re an idiot.

Where’s overlander when you need him.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...you don’t yank in recovery you apply tension to begin the pull...

Actually, you DO yank in recovery if you are using a kinetic/dynamic strap. Certainly you must know the difference between a "snatch strap" and a "tow strap". As stated very early in this thread, your "solution" may temporarily work for towing a short distance. It will not, however, work in a dynamic recovery situation...at least it won't work for very long. A dynamic recovery involves starting with slack in the recovery line so the pulling vehicle can develop enough speed to stretch the strap, which then recoils and pulls the stuck vehicle forward. Using your setup in a dynamic recovery situation is idiotic.

USMC Wrangler

What your mouth asshole I’ll come to cumming hunt your ass down I run with(WAYWARD SONS) and AB REPRESENT everybody can hide and talk smack in this forum but can’t backup talk you see my tag in the pic I’m in loganville buttercup you want some.

Ahhh, 63 year old keyboard warrior making threats over the internet. Do you kiss your sister-wife-Mom with that mouth?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/WxA...fc3c8975d0192bc397663362e3a263d&rid=giphy.gif

Abntroop

Even in a basic winching situation, if the recovery point isn’t rated for the weight of the vehicle, never mind any added resistance, when it gives way is going to become a dangerous projectile. It’s obvious you don’t understand how quickly that stored energy can travel into potentially lethal momentum. This shit isn’t rocket science, but you obviously don’t have a clue and are unwilling to admit it which adds up to you being a danger on the trails.

Cry baby posts and threats of white supremacy on a forum owned by an Asian man aside.... the replies you got WERE informational and in your best interest to listen to, do what you want no one here cares what happens to your Jeep or whatever you strap it to. Your decision to not heed advice from people that understand recovery points and metal thickness and forces of recovery as well as the guy that knows the weight ratings of the chains better than you is your choice. Never understand why so many people come on to this forum and get mad when people try to inform them of something for their own good. It’s not a matter of opinion or different views, it’s fact.

Fact one: your thin gauge steel ‘tube’ bumper is not made from thick enough steel to recover from without damaging or breaking. (I put the word tube in quotes because you never said who the maker was and it’s likely not actual tubing, but tube style)
Fact two: chains are too weak.
Fact three: bolt too small and you never said what weight rating, either way it’s less weight than an actual d ring Clevis is rated
Fact four: after all this you still don’t have an actual closed loop recovery system because your bolt is mounted through the d ring so you still need another hook or clevis to attach a Strap to it instead of having a normal easily removable pin.

USMC Wrangler

I know I’ve been posting my favorite gifs, but...

The last trail I was on I had to winch several times. Each time I was hooked to a 2012 JK. Almost every time, I drug the JK 1-2 feet backwards with my Warn Zeon 10-S. Thankfully there were no chains involved and my homemade, 1/4” plate bumper winch plate combo weren’t stressed at all. I stick welded that bumper like a country boy. [emoji1783]

Buddies rear bumper is a Poison Spyder. I wasn’t worried one bit when I started dragging it backwards as I got out of trouble.

The YJ that was with us runs cheap ass eBay bumpers. I wouldn’t use those as a recovery point for me if someone paid me $50k to chop a JT down to an extended cab with a flatbed.

MericaMade

I am in your neck of the woods jack wagon. Trey mountain is literally a dirt road. Here, here’s a picture of my Jeep on it. A Prius could make it up. That isn’t an accomplishment. Bragging about going up trey mountain is like bragging about losing your virginity only to find out it was to a flesh light.
View attachment 328708

We can’t relate, because unlike you we actually rock crawl here instead of go down dirt roads and try to kill people with unsafe recovery points. Pretty sure the trails that people on this forum do would make you shit yourself. I am down in “your neck of the woods”. I know how it’s done. Look, here’s my family money still making payments fancy rig not seeing mud wheeling down south, showing you how it’s done. Or whatever your hillbilly verbiage is.
View attachment 328710
View attachment 328711
View attachment 328712
View attachment 328713

Oh snaps shit just got real.

Top Bottom