TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
tucked with tires slightly sticking out...it emphasizes the "wide" look.. definitly with high fenders though (like the new JL rubicon US version)

NightStalker

Tucked or Untucked

Tucked gives you that military look that a lot of jeepers like...Untucked gives you the "aggressive" or custom look that many want...I would prefer the tucked, but then I am not out to impress anyone.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Sticking out, but no more than 2-3 inches. Not super wide. Rather, slightly aggressive and stable looking.
Even with the body (or flares) is ok on smaller tires, 33 and under.
Never inset or narrower than the body or flares, at least not for me. The only exception would be a bone stock classic Willys. Even then I would be tempted to make them even.

After seeing some of the post, I'm going with untucked. It allows for more options and that is never a bad thing. But, it has to be the factory flares trimmed flat. :cool:

brokeagin

I like tucked. I am running Crawler Concepts flat fenders which allows for bigger tires with less lift. Paired with the stubby bumper also g8ves it a more aggressive look.

glasslaker

I prefer the tucked look myself for a stock to mildly upgraded jeep. I just think it has a cleaner look.

As you start to get into larger tires like 35/37+ I feel like the flat fenders accentuate the more aggressive stance of the jeep.

trailraider

myself personally like the factory fender look. When i can afford it, i will be buying the Mopar high clearance flares just to keep a somewhat factory look. I am hoping they are a little wider then the O.E just to keep the tire tucked under with the wider tires.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I voted tucked. Practical (spray etc.) and legal reasons (to pass safety inspection). Having said that I on a 2.5" lift with 315/70-17 Duratracs on AEV Pintler wheels which causes the sidewalls and a small amount of tread to "bulge" past the factory fenders.

benatc1

Hooked
going to have to say untucked, i do however like some fender left even from a side profile. I like the full flat for their function. I do like the higher riding full fenders but either way i like the tire stance stick out a bit.

Willys17

Voted for tucked but I’m in the same in between boat as many people. Factory JK is too tucked. Sticking out past the factory fenders just a tiny bit is perfect. Gives a nice stance with a finished look, and it keeps down the amount of stuff getting flung up and keeps the cops away.

rubiDave

For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

Because that's how mine looks.

I think full fenders with up to 35s looks good. Granted if you've got 37s or 40s there's not much choice.

Texmex

Untucked

Have a 2012 JKU with flat fenders and I really like the look and clearance. Tucked look really bulky on the JKU, but do keep dirt, mud, etc. off you and the Jeep. I say get it all over both, sunglasses and a jacket for you and seat covers for the Jeep, heck might as well just pull the carpet and line it while your at it!

Lifesaver

Tucked

I like the look of the factory fenders. Additionally, they keep most of the road crap and such from flying up and hitting the sides of my Jeep.

Swindle

I love the untucked look because I equate it with rocks and rugged terrain. The exposed lift, the bigger tires, the wider stance. All of it makes me say, "Aww yeah."

The full fenders I usually equate to overland Wranglers, or, more obviously, stock Jeeps. The overland Jeeps makes me nod to myself and wish I had a month off to just travel the country and live out of the back of it.

That being said, I've always liked the full fender, but I'm voting for flat.

Oreo_penguin536

None! If

I hope this is how you vote.
But I like the look of the fenderless style jeeps, or ones with very little fender at all

Though for the sake of the survey I’ll go with untucked

Top Bottom