TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

jesse3638

Hooked
I like the cut stock fenders which allow for a bit of the tire to stick out. Kinda like tucking in just the front of your shirt so you can see your belt buckle...haha.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I like the trimmed factory fenders for the look, clearance and also it makes them a bit flimsier so less likely to damage anything if you do make contact with anything.

Untucked for the looks! I will however concede tucked / stockish is more efficient and effective. I will never do No fenders again, 1 minute on the road after it snows or rains and both sides of the jeep and windows are coated.

Magee

My vote has always leaned towards the untucked look. Find it looks tough and fives you what you need for room to modify.

Dwhitt74

Untucked

Flat fenders look the best, especially with some lift and bigger tires. I also like the look of tires sticking out past fenders.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Love my untucked look with my flat fenders. Not a fan of the tucked in look- makes the Jeep looks too narrow. Untucked are definitely more aggressive in appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I definitely prefer the tires sticking out some. Who doesn't want water spraying ya in a rain storm with no top!

As for fenders if clearance wasn't issue I actually like the bigger stockish fenders if they'd stop at end of fender vs sticking past the grille. The JL Rubicon flare I like a lot

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

briand

Definitely like the flat fender look better! Just an appearance preference over anything else, but then again I’m still running older Jeeps and haven’t upgraded to anything current. Maybe I will soon, if only for the comforts they provide.

evilpersona

i prefer the look of a jeep with either flat fenders or no fenders at all. I think it gives it a more aggressive, rugged look. I also prefer the untucked look as I would rather not smack the flares into trees and break them, one of my rear flares is hanging on by a thread because of a narrow trail and without flares i would have cleared the tree better.

BobNH

For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

Voted tucked/factory with a bit of a caveat-I like them under the fenders. I really like the look of the JL fenders (sans parking/signal light wtf) with the clearance they appear to give. The caveat, at least on my 08 Rubicon, is the tires are tucked TOO far. The tire should (IMO) be even or slightly inward of the top or the fender. I believe they did what they did because it tucks in as it goes down the fender hole, likely for the enhanced performance aerodynamics it provides. right.
To me, I feel having them outward of the flares makes them look awkwardly wide in most cases.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I like the tucked/high-line more but I’d still be very happy with flat fenders and tires sticking out past them.

Fabio J

I like the untucked look. The flat fenders remind me of an old Willy's Jeep. I don't love the Highline, full fenders, but to each, their own. I wonder what the JL would look like, untucked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom