Tuner Recommendations?

t8er

Anybody have any experience with the Trail Dash on a 2012+ with a 6-speed? All I'm wondering is if there's any noticeable power gains. I know with an automatic the changes may be more noticeable because of the transmission tuning, but what about on a manual?

Mine's a 2014 JKUR 6 speed. you can feel the difference with a 6 speed. basically the tuners remove some of the throttle lag so it's crisper than stock but coming off the line it's faster just going off seat of the pants and racing my buddy's TJ on 33's.

2k13jk

Im selling a flashpaq for a 3.6l jk if your interested the tuner was set back to stock it just needs to be unlocked thru superchips which take 5 minutes to do. i only took it off because i couldnt use it with the ripp s/c kit pm me if your interested

jmatta33

Im selling a flashpaq for a 3.6l jk if your interested the tuner was set back to stock it just needs to be unlocked thru superchips which take 5 minutes to do. i only took it off because i couldnt use it with the ripp s/c kit pm me if your interested

do i have to pay to reset?

RLTW!!!

J.B.

I have the Unichip and it works awesome. Great customer support as well. It is a bit more expensive but worth it. I needed a new cable for my monitor. I damaged it by accident relocating it and they sent me a free one express no charge.

Just a quick follow up. Ordered the SC 3872 a couple of days ago off Amazon for $285 and it's supposed to be here today. Very quick to ship at a great price.

sean.m.adams33

I have the superchips Trail dash. Got it for a good deal on promotive. I had never heard of promotive until jesse recommended it to me. Definitely look into it.

amazon prime is such a great service. let me know what you think about it.

RLTW!!!

Super easy install, didn't need to update first. Loaded the 91 octane tune, took some time but wasn't too bad. First tank of gas was 14 mpg, driving with the foot in it. Did seem to have a bit more go, shifts were firmer, it seems to stay in gear a bit longer before up shifting. Seems to cruise a bit more easy on the highway. Will fill up again tomorrow and see what kind of mileage I get.

jeeeep

Hooked
so the flashpaq will allow for tuning to get more power?

RLTW!!!

it will if you also upgrade the supporting components to allow the performance tune to work. if you keep everything stock then you get little benefit from it.

if you swap out for a performance coil that supports a wider gap plug with performance wires and muffler you will notice improvement with the tuner performance tune.

some tuners also allow for some trans and locker mods that can come in handy.

Bullydog also makes a tuner, I have one but haven't switched it over from my Superchips so I can't give you a comparison.

hockeysteve2001

3.8L Upgrades

Just wanted to throw my 2cents in here and hope it can save some cost & aggravation to someone else.

When upgrading my JK, I wanted to do things incrementally so I could note if there were considerable gains from any specific mod.

This is how I started:

- Added a Cold Air Intake and Throttle Body Spacer... difference was barely noticeable, but looked cool LOL!!!

- Added a Cat-Back Stainless Exhaust... same as above, very little difference, but again, looked cool!

- Replaced Spark Plugs with NGK... noticed a little better gas mileage, hardly any power gain.

- Replaced Spark Plug Wires with Granatelli... noticed very modest gain in MPG (probably not worth cost of wires)

- Replaced stock gears with 4.88 (due to having oversize tires) and this upgrade made a decent difference in initial get up and go!

- Installed a Superchips Traildash... this, like the gears, improved pickup and actually improved MPG

All in all, there are SO many products to choose from... the most quantifiable upgrades were the Gears and Tuner.

Even though I like the Superchips Traildash, I'm sure some digging will find similar experiences with certain models of Bully Dog, Diablo, etc... so best wishes fellow JK modders in unleashing your Jeep's inner Mojo, and I hope this helps!

jesse3638

Hooked
I have the superchips Trail dash. Got it for a good deal on promotive. I had never heard of promotive until jesse recommended it to me. Definitely look into it.

Glad I could help...haha. I've found myself spending quite a bit of money on there..;). Everything from mountain bike tires to kites to flip flops.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ran the ProCal for a while on my 2012 JK 2 door auto. Thought I would step up to the SC TrailDash. The guages are nice, but for me, I got nothing out of the tune. In fact, my JK started pinging so bad on the lower tune that I had to pull over and revert to stock tune.

So, for me, I got more out of the ProCal.....and if I had to do it over, I would have stuck with the ProCal.

YMMV.

Good luck with your build.

KingCopperhead

Does Chrysler fiat have a flash counter on our ecu's? Just wondering how these engine calibrations affect warranty work. I know GM had a flash counter in my LS3 ecu. Essentially tells the manufacturer how many times the ecu parameters have been altered, and if it doesn't match service department records you get warranty headaches.

Not that I'm trying to pull a fast one on Chrysler, but if I re tune my engine or change my tpms settings, I don't want a hassle if I have an unrelated power train issue.

JKWrang

Does Chrysler fiat have a flash counter on our ecu's? Just wondering how these engine calibrations affect warranty work. I know GM had a flash counter in my LS3 ecu. Essentially tells the manufacturer how many times the ecu parameters have been altered, and if it doesn't match service department records you get warranty headaches.

Not that I'm trying to pull a fast one on Chrysler, but if I re tune my engine or change my tpms settings, I don't want a hassle if I have an unrelated power train issue.

Im not sure... but do you think theyd give you a hard time over altering the tire size and TPMS requirements? That'd be pretty damn picky of them

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

I've never heard of this being a problem once since JKs came out in 2006.

Top Bottom