TURN NIGHT INTO DAY : KC Gravity Pro6 LED Light Bar

Brute

Hooked
As most of you know, Cindy and I love to get out on the trail, as often as we can and stay out there well into the night. Most of this is because there's just so much we want to see and do that we always try to use every last bit of sunlight that we can. Unfortunately, this often leaves us driving through the darkness of night with just our headlights to light up the way. And, while the new JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator LED headlights do a pretty good job of it, having a bit more light is always nice to have.

For years now, we've resisted installing a light bar on our Jeeps and mainly because we really hated the look of the square LED's that were all the rage. But, ever since KC came out with their Gravity Pro6 light bar, essentially 8 round LED's that are linked together and have a really nice classic look, we've been itching to get our hands on one. Well, we finally broke down and did just that and holy hell, am I ever glad that we did! With them on, it's like having daylight in front of you and we literally can drive 4X faster!

Anyway, here are a few shots of what they look like.

20200902195229-9c86f2d1-me.jpg

20200902195209-2185aa36-me.jpg

20200902195105-29d09acc-me.jpg

20200902195234-b348921f-me.jpg

20200902195242-9e685bcb-me.jpg

20200902195102-6f40e5d0-me.jpg

20200902195137-bf058f1d-me.jpg

20200902195145-fe656b9b-me.jpg

20200902195153-524d88a6-me.jpg

They look great...KC and the Sunshine Band...

Those look great. Much wind noise?

This was the first thing to pop into my head...

JAGS

Hooked
Your JT is quickly moving into beast status. Those lights looks great, but you also have the proper build to make it so.

From a light output, I’m leaning toward a couple 6” slim LED. Far cry from the bar.

That drone pic. Ya know, if nobody’s ever said, you and Cindy should really find an outlet for all the awesome photography. Ha ha.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looking great! As others have said the classic style really puts the icing on the cake. [emoji106] Might have to bring one of those extendable grabbers on the trail to reach the middle covers to take them off [emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks Great!

Thank you :)

Oh heack yeah. That looks amazing!

They do look great but I have to say, how they make the desert look at night is the amazing thing. :yup:

They look great...KC and the Sunshine Band...

This was the first thing to pop into my head...

LOL - too funny!

You'd be surprised at how little noise it makes. The boxy straight light bar I had on our old Renegade made a shit ton of noise.

Your JT is quickly moving into beast status. Those lights looks great, but you also have the proper build to make it so.

From a light output, I’m leaning toward a couple 6” slim LED. Far cry from the bar.

That drone pic. Ya know, if nobody’s ever said, you and Cindy should really find an outlet for all the awesome photography. Ha ha.

LOL - any additional light is always helpful to have for sure.

Looking great! As others have said the classic style really puts the icing on the cake. [emoji106] Might have to bring one of those extendable grabbers on the trail to reach the middle covers to take them off [emoji23]

LOL - eh, it's really not that bad. You'll see in the video we post up soon :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sharkey had asked to see how low the lights dip into the windshield and so I thought I'd post up a couple of pics to show as much. Here's a shot from the driver seat. Not too bad in my opinion.
IMG_3518.jpg

Here's a wide angle of it.
IMG_3522.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got out and did a little more testing last night and took these shots. So damn happy with this Gravity Pro6 light bar! :rock:

KC-CANYON-01.jpg

KC-CANYON-02.jpg

KC-CANYON-03.jpg

KC-CANYON-04.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s wild, I love how the light was contained in the canyon in those drone shots.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's some serious light. Nice photos from above too.

The difference between headlights and KC's is amazing! Glad you liked the shots :)

That’s wild, I love how the light was contained in the canyon in those drone shots.

The shots definitely came out better than I was expecting. :yup:

Looks like the pic are from a Satilite.

They do look unreal. I was thinking it looked more like a toy driving through a tunnel. Like from an ant farm perspective. :crazyeyes:

benatc1

Hooked
The difference between headlights and KC's is amazing! Glad you liked the shots :)

The shots definitely came out better than I was expecting. :yup:

They do look unreal. I was thinking it looked more like a toy driving through a tunnel. Like from an ant farm perspective. :crazyeyes:
It's kinda funny you say that about the headlight difference. For the longest time, especially after JK light's or even LeD upgrades I was amazed at the JL LED headlights but then I've got used to my Ram HD limited headlights at night and I took the Jeep out at night a few weeks ago and was like I can't see shit! Lol, but honestly are still pretty good. So I ordered my KC flex. But that just goes to show how bad the JK light's really were lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's kinda funny you say that about the headlight difference. For the longest time, especially after JK light's or even LeD upgrades I was amazed at the JL LED headlights but then I've got used to my Ram HD limited headlights at night and I took the Jeep out at night a few weeks ago and was like I can't see shit! Lol, but honestly are still pretty good. So I ordered my KC flex. But that just goes to show how bad the JK light's really were lol.

Oh yeah, the JK headlights flat out sucked. Even with LED's of any make, I think they pale in comparison to JL LED headlights but then, they are 2" bigger in diameter. It actually cracks me up that people are purposefully DOWNGRADING their JL headlights for inferior 7" LEDs.

benatc1

Hooked
Oh yeah, the JK headlights flat out sucked. Even with LED's of any make, I think they pale in comparison to JL LED headlights but then, they are 2" bigger in diameter. It actually cracks me up that people are purposefully DOWNGRADING their JL headlights for inferior 7" LEDs.
Yea I agree, must be for the "cooler" look

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I noticed the "A Pillar" switch on your interior Switch Pros Panel. Does that mean there are even more lights coming in the not too distant future? ;)

I used to run the KC Daylighters on a bar above. I didn’t care for the amount of light washing back into the cab. Moved them down below and was happy with them there and felt I could see just as well. Do you have a lot of the light washing back into the cab with these new lights?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom