Turo? Has anyone used this?

Ddays

Hooked
I messaged the guy and he seems like a good person, he says that he is in the market for a Jeep but wanted to try one out for the weekend. I figure if I can help someone into buying a Jeep, I did good for the community. Hopefully karma will work its way around in a good way though!

Alternatively, if the guy just wants a test drive offer to let him come check it out and drive it with you in the vehicle. Everyone is a good person over the phone. Except telemarketers.
I would pass on this....

mayhem.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This has disaster written all over it. So when the app doesn’t cover it when he wreck it, and neither does your insurance company, do you have the money to pay out to someone? Not to mention the dude driving can sue you because you have a modified vehicle.

I can’t believe people are this desperate for money but then have a car and a nice enough phone to run this app. Buy a bicycle and a cheap flip phone and save money to better yourself instead of a $1000 smart phone and a nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Amongst all the concerns listed above and even though they’ll cover a million in damages, there is also the long term damage that can occur that you won’t know about until long after the renter is gone and Turo would walk away from. Unless you fully inspect the vehicle after for damage to engine and suspension, things can be missed and come back to bite you in the long run. All you need is some idiot red lining or break toqueing it causing internal damage to the drive line and then have it let loose on you on the trail a couple of weeks later. No thank you.

longarmwj

I thought about renting my Jeep out on Turo on days I'm not working just for a little extra cash, but I decided against it.

I would rent a car from Turo though easily, because I know that I would have respect enough for the car/cars owner not to thrash it around, and I've seen some pretty cool rides on there.

jeeeep

Hooked
Amongst all the concerns listed above and even though they’ll cover a million in damages, there is also the long term damage that can occur that you won’t know about until long after the renter is gone and Turo would walk away from. Unless you fully inspect the vehicle after for damage to engine and suspension, things can be missed and come back to bite you in the long run. All you need is some idiot red lining or break toqueing it causing internal damage to the drive line and then have it let loose on you on the trail a couple of weeks later. No thank you.

they don't cover a million in damages, that's only liability insurance in the event they injure someone in your vehicle, it does not cover the vehicle.
they also only cover OEM repairs and parts, not modified.

if someone tells me they're thinking about buying a jeep and want tp test drive one, i tell them find a rental agency with stock jeeps or go to any jeep dealer.

Zstairlessone

This has disaster written all over it. So when the app doesn’t cover it when he wreck it, and neither does your insurance company, do you have the money to pay out to someone? Not to mention the dude driving can sue you because you have a modified vehicle.

I can’t believe people are this desperate for money but then have a car and a nice enough phone to run this app. Buy a bicycle and a cheap flip phone and save money to better yourself instead of a $1000 smart phone and a nice car.

And does your insurance company have to be notified? Who covers the driver and their passengers and any third party injuries or deaths??

Love the bicycle and flip phone idea, but it sounds like people using this service have image issues.

tippedover

When I lived in WA a guy I used to wheel with rented out his jeep that he had built up on turo. Long story short the guys he rented it to went camping and got the jeep stuck in a creek that flooded and it took 6 months for insurance to only cover half of the damages leaving him to pretty much pay for the fried engine on his own.

After hearing all these horror stories and opinions, I most likely won’t do it again but what’s done is done and I’ll let you guys know how it turns out! If anything sketchy comes up on the dash cam I’ll post it up here!

Xhisors

People treat things that are not theirs like shit. Thats all that should be said here and if you dont care about whats done to your jeep and you got money to burn..

Top Bottom