Unlimited Deuce reborn (Hemi, 60s, PS Armour, Etc)

Mizippi

So I finally get it back this week.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471896953.217047.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471896970.190141.jpg

I will be busy this week getting the following on:

Fenders
Rockslides
Bumpers & winch (temporally the ones off my old jeep...to be sold to fund the new ones)

Then up to Bridgeport, TX for an easy break in run. Fun times ahead.

By the way. I am thinking about getting a Ram 2500 and a PJ Buggy Trailer (102" wide with drive over fenders), so I can wheel it with out as much fear around getting it home. Thoughts?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You built a jeep with one tons and a hemi and now have to buy a trailer to tow it in fear of breaking? Maybe you should have bought parts you were a little more confident in.

swampdog

You built a jeep with one tons and a hemi and now have to buy a trailer to tow it in fear of breaking? Maybe you should have bought parts you were a little more confident in.

Because breaking on the trail is impossible and having an insurance plan is a bad idea??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I completely agree, but a trailer never hurt.

Couldn't disagree more. The whole point of building up my Jeeps the way I do is so that I don't need a trailer. If I needed a trailer, I'd just get a side-by-side. Of course, that is just me.

swampdog

Couldn't disagree more. The whole point of building up my Jeeps the way I do is so that I don't need a trailer. If I needed a trailer, I'd just get a side-by-side.

Once again, I agree with building to the best of your means to prevent failures. But, if you do have a serious break on the trail, when would someone say "I sure am upset I have a trailer to put this one and pull it home"

I completely agree that the idea situation is to have a rig built to the tilt that will never break, but I could see a trailer for rigs that aren't to that level is worthwhile. Not trying to get into an argument, just my opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Once again, I agree with building to the best of your means to prevent failures. But, if you do have a serious break on the trail, when would someone say "I sure am upset I have a trailer to put this one and pull it home"

I completely agree that the idea situation is to have a rig built to the tilt that will never break, but I could see a trailer for rigs that aren't to that level is worthwhile. Not trying to get into an argument, just my opinion.

I think our disconnect is an east coast - west coast thing. A trailer ain't gonna do you much good when you're 100 miles away from the nearest anything.

caminton

I think our disconnect is an east coast - west coast thing. A trailer ain't gonna do you much good when you're 100 miles away from the nearest anything.

I agree. Everyone in Alabama that I wheeled with used a trailer for the simple fact that one 2500 pulling two jeeps gets better gas mileage than2 jeeps, and because they needed a way to get home if/when somethjbg broke. You can build all you want for the situation but if sonething crucial breaks, you're screwed.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree. Everyone in Alabama that I wheeled with used a trailer for the simple fact that one 2500 pulling two jeeps gets better gas mileage than2 jeeps, and because they needed a way to get home if/when somethjbg broke. You can build all you want for the situation but if sonething crucial breaks, you're screwed.

Or you learn how to fix it to get home.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't understand the trailer thing myself. I was passed the other day by several "jeepers" that were hauling theirs on trailers being towed by trucks. Part of the fun and experience is driving your jeep there and back. I carry tools just in case and also have AAA, which has come in handy another time. I have always made it out of a mall on it's own power.

I do want to say nice build so far!:rock:

Brute

Hooked
I have always subscribed to the "drive it to the trail and back" school of thought...even if it's a couple thousand miles rnd trip...it's all about the journey...

Top Bottom