UPDATE: Wheeling Fort Hood!

LadyJeeper

I read the petition and it sounds like this is to reopen for soldiers and their families only? did I miss-read?

My intention is that it will be open to the public, as it was before. Other recreation facilities are open to the public so I don't know why this wouldn't be.

In speaking with the command group, I have to put the most emphasis on the Soldiers since this is a military installation.

And ultimately, if they have to only settle on this being something available to Soldiers, so be it! It is still a step in the right direction! :)

jeepin_idaho

I was at Ft. Hood for quite a while and like many others, I'm sure I'll eventually end up there again. I fought this fight in 05-06 and lost but I really hope you have more success! I've signed and sent this out to the audience for The 4x4 Podcast and shared on Facebook.

Good luck!

denali00

Fort Hood Wheeling

Just signed the petition....... I used to WHEEL at Hood in the early 90's. I commented on the Garrison's ability to use it as a Community Outreach Program and it would be a great way to integrate Soldiers and their Families with the local community. MWR and Garrison Safety have an opportunity to become active here as well

Good Luck!

SquareLJ

I signed. I was in 2nd BDE, 1st CAV. First weekend with my unit, I tried driving around some trails near BLORA. Got pulled over by the fuzz and was almost issued a $500 fine. Dude was cool and I explained to him that I was new there. He explained that wheeling was banned and he had no clue of where I could go off roading which is just weird to me (I'm from SoCal, we have areas everywhere!).

Top Bottom