Va wayalifers and surrounding states

El Toro

So is anyone planning on anything for the second half of April? Just curious. Looking forward to meeting some wayalifers from VA and nearby states.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So is anyone planning on anything for the second half of April? Just curious. Looking forward to meeting some wayalifers from VA and nearby states.

Nothing offical yet. I am itching to get back out though. Maybe try Big levels and see how it is.

DBats

Dang! Didn't know about this thread until today, would have loved to have gone to that shoe creek run, I just moved out to MD and haven't been anywhere yet.

05Jeeper

Nothing offical yet. I am itching to get back out though. Maybe try Big levels and see how it is.

I live just down the road from Big Levels and it may not be worth the long ride. The Bald Mountain trail has been closed for a while, and I'm not sure when it will open back up. That's about the only trail off the Coal Road worth riding. FYI, this is where I recently got a parking ticket for parking in the woods. :( There is a new forest Ranger in the area that's trying to prove something.

I'm thinking of Flagpole on the 18th if anyone would like to go.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I live just down the road from Big Levels and it may not be worth the long ride. The Bald Mountain trail has been closed for a while, and I'm not sure when it will open back up. That's about the only trail off the Coal Road worth riding. FYI, this is where I recently got a parking ticket for parking in the woods. :( There is a new forest Ranger in the area that's trying to prove something.

I'm thinking of Flagpole on the 18th if anyone would like to go.

Well thats unfortunate to hear. It is looking more abd more likely that Ill just save up for a RC trip in the next month or so.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug

I'm down in VA for a couple of months. It would be great to meet some of you guys for a few runs while I'm down here.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Where is Oakridge at?

If it's relatively near Norfolk,VA I should be able.

We will get something going here soon. Just to let you know, there is nothing relatively near Norfolk or Hampton Roads for that matter. Closest is a toss up between Shoe Creek, Corolla (which is a beach) and Red Cloud Off Road. They are all over three hours away. :grayno:

Buster3479

In for a Rausch trip in the next month or so if I can get off work. Given some advance notice, it shouldn't be an issue. Haven't been to RC yet, but I already know "don't drink the creek water"!

El Toro

Ok, I have to ask...what is "don't drink the creek water"? Like, literally don't drink their water? Lol

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ok, I have to ask...what is "don't drink the creek water"? Like, literally don't drink their water? Lol

LOL! It is a running joke after a few east coast members went off the deep end and posted a lot of trash talk.

El Toro

Raush Creek 4/18

My wife and I are heading up to RC for the 201 course on Sunday the 19th. I was hoping to see if anyone would be interested in meeting up on Saturday the 18th. We are noobs and wanted to run trail #11 since it's part of the Jeep Badge of Honor thing and we want to see how Jeep rates the trails vs. our abilities. We don't have anyone to wheel with yet so we can't go solo.

Anyone interested?

DBats

I was planning to attend one of the events hosted at Red Cloud this last month but suddenly they posted on their website that they had to close abruptly and were in the process of refunding people who had already paid to attend events, but gave no explanation or estimated return.

Their Facebook group has also stopped.

Top Bottom