Va wayalifers and surrounding states

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
My wife and I are heading up to RC for the 201 course on Sunday the 19th. I was hoping to see if anyone would be interested in meeting up on Saturday the 18th. We are noobs and wanted to run trail #11 since it's part of the Jeep Badge of Honor thing and we want to see how Jeep rates the trails vs. our abilities. We don't have anyone to wheel with yet so we can't go solo.

Anyone interested?

Man Id love too but I alreayd have plans that weekend.

I was planning to attend one of the events hosted at Red Cloud this last month but suddenly they posted on their website that they had to close abruptly and were in the process of refunding people who had already paid to attend events, but gave no explanation or estimated return.

Their Facebook group has also stopped.

So Red Cloud has shut down?

05Jeeper

I found this on another forum:

FROM RCOR:
"This is to clarify gossip, rumors and all other cluster foxtrot.
An incident occurred late February resulting in a vehicle tip-over near a creek region. The operator and passenger were not injured. This unfortunate event turned into the perfect “Kodak” moment for some. The “Kodak” shot(s) reached the wrong people. And the transmission of the pics were lightning fast. It’s that simple.

Some have blamed the operator of the vehicle for the shutdown. Although, the attempted maneuver was ill-advised, he is NOT the cause. For, I cannot begin to believe that one would intentionally put himself, the passenger and the vehicle into such a precarious spot. The fault is in the hands of the messenger. The old cliché “Don’t shoot the messenger” does NOT come into play here. It was the messenger. The messenger that transmitted the photos.

It has taken 140 days, nearly 10,000 man hours to get RCOR ready. All that was just a bump in the road.

As the top dog, I owe an apology to the RCOR people. I saw it coming. I even asked people with Kodak cams to refrain from transmitting. Perhaps I was not loud enough..."

El Toro

Phew. Glad they werent hurt and glad they are working to reopen. I haven't been there and was looking forward to going several times this summer.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I'm up for a trip. Shoe Creek, or Potts Mountain sounds good. I did Potts back in December when it was cold and wet. I have heard good things about Shoe Creek, but mostly that it was very scenic and not very technical.

Anyhow, anytime. I'm in.

JeepinRay

Thanks for the additional info! I found their website ( http://www.wheelin4hope.com/ ) and sent their admin an email. Hopefully they'll let me know if a spot opens up...Hopin'. It looks like a great event. Thanks for the heads-up.

Good luck with it. It really is one of my favorite events. Someone in local club had a ticket and it was sold in 5 minutes. They go quickly. VA4WDA does an event there in the fall so you could keep your eye open for when tickets go on sale for that. I'll probably go to that too.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm up for a trip. Shoe Creek, or Potts Mountain sounds good. I did Potts back in December when it was cold and wet. I have heard good things about Shoe Creek, but mostly that it was very scenic and not very technical.

Anyhow, anytime. I'm in.

How did you fair on Potts being in a four door on 315s? Ive would love to do that trail sometime soon.

Top Bottom