VIDEO : BENEFITS of a BASIC JEEP

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Without question, Cindy and I absolutely love Moby, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited! We love that he's sitting on an EVO Double Throw Down suspension system, has Dynatrac ProRock axles, is running a set of 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers, has a big, loud and powerful Motech 6.2L LT V8 under the hood and is crazy capable out on the rocks or bombing across the desert. In fact, we love all our built up Jeeps including our 2018 JLUR and 2020 Gladiator and if only because they can take on just about anything as well. But, there is something to be said about the benefits of a basic Jeep. And, in this short Pippi Project video, I'll highlight a few of the things that I’ve been thinking about, ever since bringing home Pippi, our brand new 2021, JL Wrangler 2-Door Sport.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice shoes Ripley! I could never keep those on my pups, but they did help their feet from getting cut up in the snow

So many good points about a stock jeep, and in truth they really can take you quite far down the trail! Can’t wait to see where Pippi goes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video! Nice shoes for the hot ground outside.
Thank you. The shoes were a must being that the lows we were seeing weren't getting down below 89-90 even over night. The ground was crazy hot all the time. 😵

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice shoes Ripley! I could never keep those on my pups, but they did help their feet from getting cut up in the snow

So many good points about a stock jeep, and in truth they really can take you quite far down the trail! Can’t wait to see where Pippi goes
LOL - we could never keep them on Tessa either. Ripley seems to be getting used to them though :)

Hoping to get some videos of Pippi out and about soon.

JT@623

Hooked
The look on Ripleys face when you put the boots on is like WTF 🤣
I’ve actually been looking at stock two door sports for a lot of those reasons 👍

kevman65

Hooked
Good vid, nice millennial poke :ROFLMAO:

Don't worry Ripley, it doesn't take long to get used to. My Gracie hates hers too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The look on Ripleys face when you put the boots on is like WTF 🤣
I’ve actually been looking at stock two door sports for a lot of those reasons 👍
LOL - she's really did. And, that's awesome that you're considering a 2-door Sport too.
Dogs and shoes is hilarious. Lol
It's always a good time. :ROFLMAO:
Good vid, nice millennial poke :ROFLMAO:

Don't worry Ripley, it doesn't take long to get used to. My Gracie hates hers too.
LOL - glad you could appreciate it :)

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video! It is true that sometimes we get so wrapped up in mods that we forget how much fun ‘basic’ is. My first Jeep was a bone stock 1950 Willys and some of my best wheeling memories were in it. Simple and basic can be very relaxing.

Ripley did not look amused!!

JasonBergquist

Without question, Cindy and I absolutely love Moby, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited! We love that he's sitting on an EVO Double Throw Down suspension system, has Dynatrac ProRock axles, is running a set of 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers, has a big, loud and powerful Motech 6.2L LT V8 under the hood and is crazy capable out on the rocks or bombing across the desert. In fact, we love all our built up Jeeps including our 2018 JLUR and 2020 Gladiator and if only because they can take on just about anything as well. But, there is something to be said about the benefits of a basic Jeep. And, in this short video, I'll highlight a few of the things that I’ve been thinking about, ever since bringing home Pippi, our brand new 2021, JL Wrangler 2-Door Sport.

Also, if you want to do a lot of off roading but not go so big & trying super hard trails, buying a Rubicon stock & leaving it that way so you get sway bar disconnects & lockers, you can really do A LOT!!! And requires no upgrades. You “could” just go up to 35” tires with no other upgrades and do most trails.

jeeeep

Hooked
what timing! I was having a similar discussion with my daughter about how, as much as I like the long arm on the JL, I wish I had left it stock since my JKU was really setup for the type of rock crawling I would ever do and the JLU Rubi stock was really all I needed for the "normal" off-road trails when I go when camping or getting to back country fishing locations. no rocks big enough to hurt anything and even in Moab, there are ways to get around obstacles and still enjoy the trails.

With the 4.88 gears I do avg better mpg (17mpg on this recent trip at 75-80mph) but stock would've saved me $$$ to update the JKU...
For awhile, I was averaging 18 but 65mph is just too damn slow

oh well, hind-sight .... But, I am now considering another JLU to leave it stock doh!

Good idea on the paw protectors, Ripley didn't seem to mind them too much

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome video Eddie and Cindy! Definitely shows just how capable a stock Jeep can be. I cant wait till Pippi starts getting some parts on her. (y)

Ripley's looking fancy with them boots! :cool:

Great to also see the improvement in MPG that the JL's have over the JK. 21.5 averaging 80 in a stick Jeep? Simply awesome! My auto JK gets anywhere from 18 to 22 depending on speed and hills on the freeway, as it's on stock Rubi wheels and tires as of now. I believe the manual JK averaged 17-19 or so - and that's at 65. My 5 speed TJ with 4.10s and 33s on the other hand... 😅

Oh and I'm a millennial, and I drive a stick. Does that make me a kool kid? LOL

Last edited:

vap0rtranz

I agree.

My JKU is stock and basic: manual 6-speed, manual windows & doors, factory rims, etc. We do look a bit old school when waving to all the other mod'ed Jeeps on the road.

It's an '11. Maybe if I hang on to it for another decade, it will become a collector. Hah!

Trail Bud

Hooked
Nice video, love 21 mph. And easy in and out too. There are good points to having a stock keep.
Now for Ripley, she’s is a trotter when she has her boots on. :)
She needs them now.

Top Bottom