VIDEO : BIGGER is BETTER - 42" Nitto Trail Grappler & 20" KMC Grenade Beadlocks

benatc1

Hooked
Cool video, I must say those look large but proportionate to the JT, I think they'd be to "big" on a JL but pretty cool to see for sure. Also, would you say the mojave drove/rode better than when your rubicon was stock? Haven't dove into the big differences between the 2.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

Those 42's looks so sweet on the JT. How come the JT never got a formal name?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video!

I’m not sure what I am more impressed with, the 42-inch Nittos, the new KMC wheels, the Jeep Gladiator, or Mel’s new shop. That’s a hell of a lot of awesome in one video!

Thanks!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Awesome video and love that you did a shop tour and showed the magazine articles. Want vs need! So true!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video, I must say those look large but proportionate to the JT, I think they'd be to "big" on a JL but pretty cool to see for sure. Also, would you say the mojave drove/rode better than when your rubicon was stock? Haven't dove into the big differences between the 2.

So, the Mojave stock totally has it over Rubicon JT or at least, bombing across the desert. The shocks do an amazing job of soaking up the bumps and hard hits. I was really impressed. :yup:

Eddie do you know if Mel is working on a tire carrier that will hold a 40 for the JL or will the carrier you have on Jet hold a 40

The JL tire carrier will hold a 40. If we ever install a set of 60's on our JL, we'll carry a 40 on ours. :yup:

We saw Maxxis 42's on Dynatracs Code 1 JL Build at the last New Year Run.

Yes, it did but it rode like shit and couldn't flex worth anything. Looked cool for sure but it needed more lift and a better suspension system.

Looks Bitchin Eddie! It will be interesting to see how those Axles hold up.

Anything and everything can break, I have seen it first hand. I think running these 42's on 60's will be a lot like running 37's on 44's. You just have to know what you're working with.

Those 42's looks so sweet on the JT. How come the JT never got a formal name?

Not sure. We've kicked around a lot of names but just haven't been able to feel one is right. I have liked Jaws but even at that, it's just okay.

Great video!

I’m not sure what I am more impressed with, the 42-inch Nittos, the new KMC wheels, the Jeep Gladiator, or Mel’s new shop. That’s a hell of a lot of awesome in one video!

Thanks!

LOL - so glad we could share all of it with you :thumb:

Awesome video and love that you did a shop tour and showed the magazine articles. Want vs need! So true!

LOL - so glad you enjoyed it all. It's kind of sad about how nobody remembers or cares about magazines. It took a lot to be published in them back in the day and EVO was published A LOT. It is the reason why they are so good at what they do - they have years upon years of experience and experience that was recognized by their peers.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Damn Eddie, seeing those 42’s and KMC’s is like throwing gas on the fire! So bad ass! The JT looks great with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

20210102090618-7b8dafd5-me.jpg

After watching, I'm now seriously considering those sweet Nitto Trail Grapplers. I've been set on the Cooper STT Pros for months now, but what do you think now that you've had the two for decent amounts of time? As far as off road performance and maybe road noise? (Although I dont care too much if my tires sound like a mad swarm of bees, I sorta like it lol - makes it sound big and meaty, but that's the kid in me)

2018 JK 2-Door Auto
1997 TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Brute

Hooked
Finally got to watch this on your YouTube channel...lemon pledge is my wife's go to for doggie accidents on the concrete floor.

42's actually look good proportionally on the JT...so would D80's...

And Mel's new shop is only 1.5 hours away from Henderson NV... how convenient...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Pledge is a genius idea! Love how that tire slid right on. Seeing a wheel and tire set up with zero weights makes me want to switch back to nittos on knuckles. My coopers take way to much weight. Loved the video!

JAGS

Hooked
Those are nasty looking (the good kind of nasty). On the JT they are going to be the new norm for serious rock crawlers. Hopefully you won’t have to give them back. They might have to repo my JT if it were me. Lol.

jesse3638

Hooked
Those are nasty looking (the good kind of nasty). On the JT they are going to be the new norm for serious rock crawlers. Hopefully you won’t have to give them back. They might have to repo my JT if it were me. Lol.
And Mall crawlers alike! Saw a JT here running 40's on stock everything except a lift to clear them. Also had a light bar and some other all show no go accessories. However its his and he can do as he pleases.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Eddie, seeing those 42’s and KMC’s is like throwing gas on the fire! So bad ass! The JT looks great with them.

LOL - Thank you :cool:

After watching, I'm now seriously considering those sweet Nitto Trail Grapplers. I've been set on the Cooper STT Pros for months now, but what do you think now that you've had the two for decent amounts of time? As far as off road performance and maybe road noise? (Although I dont care too much if my tires sound like a mad swarm of bees, I sorta like it lol - makes it sound big and meaty, but that's the kid in me)

So, I really liked my old STT Pros and I still think they hook up better on the rocks and are one of the best mud terrains you can run in the snow (not that any are great - they are just the best I have tested). They have really soft rubber compound and that's a big part of why they work so well but then, it also allows for chunking. Trail Grapplers have always worked well for me and if your Jeep is a daily driver like mine is, I might say that it's a better all around tire and one that wears well.

Finally got to watch this on your YouTube channel...lemon pledge is my wife's go to for doggie accidents on the concrete floor.

42's actually look good proportionally on the JT...so would D80's...

And Mel's new shop is only 1.5 hours away from Henderson NV... how convenient...

Oh yeah, it's really close. We've been down there almost every weekend for the last couple of months. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pledge is a genius idea! Love how that tire slid right on. Seeing a wheel and tire set up with zero weights makes me want to switch back to nittos on knuckles. My coopers take way to much weight. Loved the video!

Yeah, I have to say that Trail Grapplers really are round tires. :thumb:

LOL - we're already back on our old 40's. We'll be getting a set when they become available though. This was just a good way to get ready for them. :yup:

And Mall crawlers alike! Saw a JT here running 40's on stock everything except a lift to clear them. Also had a light bar and some other all show no go accessories. However its his and he can do as he pleases.

LOL - to each their own for sure. The only time guys like that annoy me is when they try to tell me what a badass they are and how hard they wheel. :crazyeyes:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
The JT is looking great with the 42’s! Like everyone else said it balances out the JT nicely. Looking forward to more videos of the 42’s in action once you get your set! [emoji106]

Top Bottom