VIDEO : CODEX GLADIATOR - FRY em UP FRIDAY! 4WD Roasting of 40" Tires with a HELLCAT

Because fuck Milestar. I’d be super pissed if they shat all over my semi truck. I wonder if Tony instantly regretted making the mess lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because fuck Milestar. I’d be super pissed if they shat all over my semi truck. I wonder if Tony instantly regretted making the mess lol.

Can't speak for Tony but I thought Jim was gonna cry and truth be told, I felt for him. Before calling it a day, he went to a store and bought stuff to try and clean it and they were still working on it well into the night.

Bierpower

Hooked
Can't speak for Tony but I thought Jim was gonna cry and truth be told, I felt for him. Before calling it a day, he went to a store and bought stuff to try and clean it and they were still working on it well into the night.
WD-40 is good for taking road tar off of paint and it won't eat the clear coat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Such a clean peterbilt to do that to. Milestar didn’t have one they wanted to fuck up?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can only imagine and in all honesty, putting myself in Jim’s shoes I’d be lit like fucking Christmas tree. I just don’t see Jim as the “hey look at us and all the Cooke shit we do” kind of guy. Quiet professional, let’s his products and service speak for itself so it makes me wonder if he really knew what was going on. Tony is a marketing guy no doubt, but I can honestly see Jim thinking “man this is not our style at all”
Oh and “you fucked up my parking lot and $500,000 semi”

Ddays

Hooked
IDK, this did absolutely nothing for me.

Watched it on Dynatrac's IG feed too. As of the time I viewed it there were 5378 views and not one of the comments was "Where do I buy axles that will take this abuse?" I think this was too staged to do any good for them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Watched it on Dynatrac's IG feed too. As of the time I viewed it there were 5378 views and not one of the comments was "Where do I buy axles that will take this abuse?" I think this was too staged to do any good for them.

I don’t think any comment during this entire build was “where do I buy axles that will take this abuse” though were they? Most commented on the box, the motor or how gay the build was.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree on the crazy spectacle, it’s really not Dynatacs M.O. but still fun to watch.

I still do really like the truck with out the camper on the back. Put a bed mounted spare up there and go run it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I don’t think any comment during this entire build was “where do I buy axles that will take this abuse” though were they? Most commented on the box, the motor or how gay the build was.

Exactly! So why is an axle company wasting time doing burnout videos? It serves no purpose.
Unless they try something as discussed in the other thread to go after the overlanding crowd that this thing is aimed at, this build is a complete waste of a Gladiator. None of their traditional customer base thinks this is an awesome build. At best people think it's ok.

jdofmemi

Couldn't they find a telephone pole or something like that to chain it to so they wouldn't fuck up the front of a really nice looking Pete?

Seems like poor choices all around for a group of people respected for making good choices and good products.

Seems like it would have been right at home on Bright Light or whatever they are called.

USMC Wrangler

You did a great job shooting and editing the video, but it’s literally the the first thumbs down I’ve given to ANY of your videos. It’s just stupidity stacked on top of stupidity in my view.

As I said on YT... How very Hoonigan of them, but less exciting. PS-That’s the best way to treat those Chinese tires.

USMC Wrangler

You mean it didn't make you want to buy a set of ProRocks?? :idontknow:

Not at all, no. I already made my mind up to get one way before this abortion and I still will. If I ever strike it rich I will never have Dynatrac build me a one off vehicle based on this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WD-40 is good for taking road tar off of paint and it won't eat the clear coat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good call and you are right about that.

Such a clean peterbilt to do that to. Milestar didn’t have one they wanted to fuck up?

LOL!! Apparently not. I think they got most of it off by the time we had to head for home though.

I can only imagine and in all honesty, putting myself in Jim’s shoes I’d be lit like fucking Christmas tree. I just don’t see Jim as the “hey look at us and all the Cooke shit we do” kind of guy. Quiet professional, let’s his products and service speak for itself so it makes me wonder if he really knew what was going on. Tony is a marketing guy no doubt, but I can honestly see Jim thinking “man this is not our style at all”
Oh and “you fucked up my parking lot and $500,000 semi”

I don't know, Jim didn't get to where he is today without making a few smart moves. He seems to be on board with the direction his team is taking him and honestly, who would I be to question any of it. Certainly, I'm just a guy with a website. The only thing that's really been giving me heartburn is him agreeing to run China products. For as long as I've known Jim, he's always been about Made in the USA and if you want people to appreciate that in the products you make, you need to support it as well - or, as much as possible. There are PLENTY of tire manufacturers here in the USA and of course, there is WARN. And yes, I have given him grief about this.

Sorry, we did the best we could with what little we could get. The professional film crew there pretty much had the run of the show.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Was that just here though or elsewhere as well? I was being told that they were getting a lot of positive feedback on social media and that the only hate was coming from "my audiance". :crazyeyes:

I agree on the crazy spectacle, it’s really not Dynatacs M.O. but still fun to watch.

I still do really like the truck with out the camper on the back. Put a bed mounted spare up there and go run it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Honestly, I really hope they do run it out on the trails and that we can be there to capture it. As fun as it was to see this spectacle, it really didn't do anything for me or at least, in terms of Jeeps anyway.

Hell even Starwood Jeeps get axle comments and those are stock most of the time.

Ouch!! :cheesy:

Exactly! So why is an axle company wasting time doing burnout videos? It serves no purpose.
Unless they try something as discussed in the other thread to go after the overlanding crowd that this thing is aimed at, this build is a complete waste of a Gladiator. None of their traditional customer base thinks this is an awesome build. At best people think it's ok.

From what I was told, it was a video that would go viral.

Couldn't they find a telephone pole or something like that to chain it to so they wouldn't fuck up the front of a really nice looking Pete?

Seems like poor choices all around for a group of people respected for making good choices and good products.

Seems like it would have been right at home on Bright Light or whatever they are called.

LOL!! I think it was supposed to be for the cool factor. For us, it gave us a chance to help promote Dynatrac and I'm sure the professional film crew there used it in the same way.

You did a great job shooting and editing the video, but it’s literally the the first thumbs down I’ve given to ANY of your videos. It’s just stupidity stacked on top of stupidity in my view.

As I said on YT... How very Hoonigan of them, but less exciting. PS-That’s the best way to treat those Chinese tires.

Thank you, we tried to do the best with what little we could get and that really wasn't much. I'm sure the professional film crew put out a much nicer video.

USMC Wrangler

Thank you, we tried to do the best with what little we could get and that really wasn't much. I'm sure the professional film crew put out a much nicer video.

Really, no need to thank me. It’s yours and Cindy’s passion that comes through with each video. It was painful to give it a thumbs down, but I did.

I honestly don’t think a professional film crew could capture what you do. Maybe their effects are Hollywood level, but just ain’t the same. No, I am not kissing ass.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

A.J.

Eddie I honestly think you could chain Moby to a truck and do the same thing. I just don't get where they are going with this. I really think they are trying to be too many things at once. Overlander/flatbed crawler/ desert runner/hoonigan/off road camper/farrier/recovery chase vehicle/street outlaws/just pick something. It's the Swiss Army knife of Jeeps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WiscoHR

We all know Dynatrac makes great products... I just think they went all wrong on this build.

If it would have just started with a Gladiator, Hellcat, and their axles people would have paid more attention. Instead it was cut one in half throw a new bed on the back put a motor in and rush it to expo. Yet it was missing their products.

Then it was look what we did now, our axles are on, let’s do a burnout.

Top Bottom